We are looking for a highly motivated individual that can operate in a fast paced environment . The candidate shall have the capability to demonstrate successful experience congruent with the dynamic government vision and missions. The candidate selected to perform on this contract must also be flexible, agile, articulate, educated and technically competent.
Security Clearance REQUIRED: (NOT OPTIONAL)
Top Secret/SCI - active and in good standing
REQUIRED Certifications: (NOT OPTIONAL)
CompTia Security+ (Sec+) (must currently have)
CISSP, CISM or other DOD Approved Baseline Certification for DOD 8570 (contract is allowing 6 months to get cert)
Education & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree with at least five (5) years of Information Assurance experience, or at least nine (9) years of Information Assurance experience if there is no degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study is desired.
The ISSO position includes but is not limited to required demonstrated experience and knowledge of comprehensive information system security support.
The ISSO should have a basic knowledge and experience of DCID 6/3 and ICD 503 and the certification and accreditation process as well as technical experience in security features.
ISSO tasks shall include, but are not limited to:
• Taking an active role in managing the day-to-day system security aspects including physical and environmental protection, incident handling, and information system security training and awareness.
• Ensure that customer security systems comply with appropriate certification and accreditation standards (e.g., ICD 503, DCID 6/3) by preparing and submitting relevant documentation through to the Accreditation Authority.
• Participate in the certification and integration, verification, and validation (IV&V) testing activities.
• Play an active role in continuous monitoring to include assessing the security impact of system changes, updating the SSP, managing and monitoring changes to the system, and disposal of the system in accordance with IC security policies.
• Performing security analysis, test and evaluation activities on customer systems as they are introduced into CLASSIFIED FACILITIES.
• Providing system certification and accreditation evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g. identification and authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly.
• Participating in risk assessments to ensure that systems are operating securely. This includes experience conducting penetration testing on networks, hosts and applications.
• Providing technical support to Information System programs and secure software development and integration tasks, including the review of work products for correctness and adherence to the design concept and to user standards.
• Developing and providing input on security policy and guidance documentation for both existing systems as well as emerging technologies.
• Reviewing current IA policy, doctrine and regulations and providing recommendations for consolidating or developing IA policy and procedures at the DoD/Intelligence Community/Civilian Government level.
• Monitor and track status of applicable patches including IA vulnerability alerts (IAVA), IA vulnerability bulletins (IAVB), and technical advisories (TA) for the networks and operating system(s) under their purview.
• Provide technical support in investigating and minimizing real or potential damage resulting from security incidents.
• Research, develop, integrate and distribute Information System security tools and associated documentation.
PL Consulting is a small veteran owned business that takes pride in supporting & hiring military veterans. PLC is dedicated to providing the best possible IT Cyber Security personnel to our workforce. We are small by mighty!