Job Title: Systems Maintenance Technician (Security +)
Division: Logistics Support Services
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Project Location: US - Syracuse, NY
Visa Eligibility: U.S. Citizens only
Security Requirement: Applicant must possess a current Secret level security clearance.
SMT must have an Information Technology background, being familiar with the Unix/Linux shell commands for installing software and configuration files used for the GBSAA system, able to perform basic repairs to the radar system, and certified and trained to climb towers to heights up to 175 feet.
LCMR experience and be IA LVL 2 certified. Security + is required.
The GBSAA SMT responsibilities shall be as follows:
• Install and maintain all GBSAA System hardware and software located in the GBSAA Processing Unit room and the GBO Operations room and LSTAR Towers
• Perform unit level maintenance consisting of diagnostic testing and Line Replaceable Units (LRU) replacement on the LSTAR(V)3 Radar System
• Maintain a “Secret” Security Clearance
• Maintain equipment / supply accountability
• The SMT is required to prepare written and oral reports on the maintenance status of the system, communicate with the help desk and participate in government discussion in person and during teleconferences on the GBSAA system.
• The SMT shall support fielding, test and demonstrations. This could involve traveling to various fielding sites as required. The SMT shall facilitate the troubleshooting and issue resolution activities by troubleshooting and conducting diagnostics to resolve maintenance issues.
• System Failure/Fault, Unscheduled Maintenance Reporting
• The SMT shall prepare or support the preparation of a Site Technical Status Report
• LCMR experience and be IA LVL 2 certified. Security + is required.
• Possess an Information Technology background, being familiar with the Unix/Linux shell commands for installing software and configuration files used for the GBSAA system
• Able to perform basic repairs to the radar system, and certified and trained to climb towers to heights up to 175 feet.
• The SMT must possess and demonstrate their ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
• Possess previous experience as a Systems Maintenance Technician or relevant to the position.
• The ability to travel to other sites as needed to cover in the absence of the site’s regular SMT.
The SMT may be required to travel to various fielding sites as required.
JBM is an Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
DISCLAIMER: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Please visit the Careers section of our website, https://jobs-gojbm.icims.com/jobs/intro and submit your resume for consideration. Please provide a salary requirement or range in U.S. dollars.
J.B. Management, Inc. (JBM) is a veteran-owned business offering a broad array of services and products to both the Federal Government and commercial customers worldwide. Known as both pioneers and practitioners, JBM provides our clients with Planning and Analysis, Training, Sustainment, Integration, Fielding, Software Development, and Systems Engineering support. We are JBM - Smart Solutions For Those We Serve