Job Title: Systems Maintenance Technician (Security +)
Division: Logistics Support Services
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Project Location: US - Syracuse, NY
Visa Eligibility: U.S. Citizens only
Security Requirement: Applicant must possess a current Secret level security clearance.
SMT must have an Information Technology background, being familiar with the Unix/Linux shell commands for installing software and configuration files used for the GBSAA system, able to perform basic repairs to the radar system, and certified and trained to climb towers to heights up to 175 feet.
LCMR experience and be IA LVL 2 certified. Security + is required.
The GBSAA SMT responsibilities shall be as follows:
• Install and maintain all GBSAA System hardware and software located in the GBSAA Processing Unit room and the GBO Operations room
• Perform unit level maintenance consisting of diagnostic testing and Line Replaceable Units (LRU) replacement on the LSTAR(V)3 Radar System
• Develop courseware for the SMT course as required
• Maintain a “Secret” Security Clearance
• Maintain equipment / supply accountability
• SMT shall prepare a network diagram IAW DI-GDRQ-81223 (SDRL A005) for each fielding site showing interconnectivity of the computing devices in the GBSAA Processing Unit (GPU) room and the GBO room based on the GBSAA Hardware Interconnect Diagram (UAS-USAIC-021) provided as Government Furnished Information (GFI).
• The SMT will provide and install connections interior to the GBO and GPU rooms and connect from the existing network port to the equipment/hardware located in the GPU and GBO rooms. The GBSAA system network will link, at a minimum, the following locations at each site:
- 2 GBSAA Radars, the GPU room, the GBO area, the Ground Control Station GCS(s) and the local FAA radar. All network connections between GBSAA processing locations will be provided by the Government.
o Shall be responsible for procuring, installing, connecting and maintaining all COTS network cables located within the GPU room and within the GBO room required for connecting hardware.
• The SMT shall conduct a Government-provided system verification procedure
• The SMT shall maintain a GBSAA System Log book IAW GBSAA Operations and Procedures (UAS-USAIC-023) and Attachment 3 – “GBSAA Log Instructions”. The SMT shall document all system modifications in the GBSAA System Log
• The SMT shall extract data from the GBSAA Data Manager Subsystem on a bi-weekly basis IAW with GBSAA System Operators Technical Manual (UAS-USAIC-025) and prepare IAW DI-MISC80508 (SDRL A003).
• The SMT shall monitor system for performance and integrity errors or general malfunctions of software and hardware and perform system troubleshooting IAW with GBSAA System Operators Technical Manual (UAS-USAIC-025).
• The SMT shall conduct weekly verifications that software and hardware configuration items of the GBSAA system are in compliance with the current applicable Airworthiness Release for the UAS operating with the GBSAA system and other applicable requirements as provided by PM UAS/
• The SMT shall ensure that all voice communications between the GBO room and the Ground Control Stations (GCS) are properly connected, operating and maintained in proper working order. The contractor shall ensure that the average Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) for all contractor controlled communications shall not exceed 48 hours. MTTR will not include time required for logistical and administrative
• The SMT shall conduct monthly visual inspection of radar site component for serviceability, insect build-up inside the radar cover, and to ensure birds or insects are not building nests on the radars or towers. In the event that insect build-up is found, the SMT shall remove the build-up from the radar as outlined in the GBSAA LSTAR(V)3 Radar Operator’s Manual.
• The SMT shall operate and inspect the GBSAA tower cranes monthly in accordance with the electric hoist operating instruction manual (GFI #12). The SMT shall coordinate any necessary inspections or maintenance
• The SMT shall coordinate necessary repairs to maintain power and connectivity to radar sites and GBSAA facilities by contacting the responsible party of the affected
• The SMT is required to prepare written and oral reports on the maintenance status of the system, communicate with the help desk and participate in government discussion in person and during teleconferences on the GBSAA system.
• The SMT shall support fielding, test and demonstrations. This could involve traveling to various fielding sites as required. The SMT shall facilitate the troubleshooting and issue resolution activities by troubleshooting and conducting diagnostics to resolve maintenance issues.
• System Failure/Fault, Unscheduled Maintenance Reporting
• The SMT shall prepare or support the preparation of a Site Technical Status Report
• LCMR experience and be IA LVL 2 certified. Security + is required.
• Possess an Information Technology background, being familiar with the Unix/Linux shell commands for installing software and configuration files used for the GBSAA system
• Able to perform basic repairs to the radar system, and certified and trained to climb towers to heights up to 175 feet.
• The SMT must possess and demonstrate their ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
• Possess previous experience as a Systems Maintenance Technician or relevant to the position.
• The ability to travel to other sites as needed to cover in the absence of the site’s regular SMT.
The SMT may be required to travel to various fielding sites as required.
JBM is an Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
DISCLAIMER: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Please visit the Careers section of our website, https://jobs-gojbm.icims.com/jobs/intro and submit your resume for consideration. Please provide a salary requirement or range in U.S. dollars.
J.B. Management, Inc. (JBM) is a veteran-owned business offering a broad array of services and products to both the Federal Government and commercial customers worldwide. Known as both pioneers and practitioners, JBM provides our clients with Planning and Analysis, Training, Sustainment, Integration, Fielding, Software Development, and Systems Engineering support. We are JBM - Smart Solutions For Those We Serve