Job Title: Operations Research Analyst III
Job #: 032018-004
Location: Crane, IN
Security Requirement: Confidential – Secret Preferred
SPR seeks professionals to provide total lifecycle programmatic and logistics support for the Electro-Optic Infrared (EOIR) projects managed by the Electro-Optic Technology Division (EOTD) of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division (NSWCCD). The Operations Research Analyst assists the NSWCCD EOTD Continuous Improvement Core Team in Rapid Improvement Events (RIE) and Value Stream Mapping Analysis (VSA). Contingent on contract award.
Major Job Activities:
- Conduct pre-event planning and preparation, training participants, leading events, and compiling, analyzing and managing the resulting data. Implement Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints, including metrics and standards of approach.
- Assist the Government with the identification, review, assessment, and resolution of deficiencies throughout an EO/IR systems lifecycle. Performs measurement, identification and verification of system technical and supportability deficiencies, associated root cause analyses, evaluation of the potential for deficiency correction and the development of a range of corrective action options.
- Perform business case analysis and/or life cycle economic analysis to determine relative costs and risks associated with the implementation of various corrective action options.
- Research, analyze and provide recommendations to ILS problems identified by users, field activities and Program Office. Conduct studies and review recommendations for changes/revisions/updates to all ILS issues, including supply support, maintenance, technical manuals, and crew familiarization/training in support of life cycle requirements for applicable programs.
- Prepare plans for the development and formal certification of maintenance depots and designated overhaul points per specified requirements – including how certification will be performed, the participants and their responsibilities, schedule milestones, required reporting and record-keeping.
- Review depot’s technical and maintenance overhaul and repair standards, control manuals, work instructions, and other published technical data used by technicians during overhaul and repair of equipment for compliance with specified requirements.
- Record results of Depot and DoD certification audits and prepare associated reports.
Experience: 9+ years experience in DoD or non-DoD operations management; experience in leading productivity analyses; experience in leading Six Sigma projects. Experience in evaluating project risk; must be able to effectively communicate findings; experience in performing cost/benefit and best value analysis of proposed courses of action.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt or Black Belt
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
SPR was formed to preserve an inclusive family of professionals who embody the ideas of Excellence in Performance and Mission Accomplishment. Headquartered in Bellevue, NE with over 80 employees operating in NE, CO, MO, and the National Capital Region, SPR is the Premier Provider of Technical and Professional Solutions for government services in Program Management, Engineering and Acquisition Life-Cycle Support. SPR has successfully provided these services to the DoD, USSTRATCOM and the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) since 2010.