Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal, State and local Governments, as well as to Fortune 1000 commercial clients. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
Smartronix Inc. is seeking a Senior Unix System Administrator responsible for installing, configuring, and managing the Linux/Solaris operating systems and related tool sets supporting NAVAIR. This includes gathering requirements, developing and conducting design reviews, along with "as approved" implementations within the mainstream corporate infrastructure. Keeping servers "compliant" per NAVAIR and DISA policies to include backup and disaster recovery requirements, anti-virus protection, and implementing system security. Knowledge of backup plans and rotation cycles. Maintaining the information on the Knowledge Base site. Producing documentation that details and describes the systems, procedures, events, and any associated processes. Building new infrastructure servers. Maintaining, tuning, and patching systems for optimum performance and security. Migrating or upgrading systems, where applicable. Participating in monthly routine maintenance tasks. Responding to system failures promptly to bring applications back online. Responsible for providing direction and guidance to more junior level team members. May supervise others.
- Knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting methods.
- DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2). Must have or obtain certification within 6 months of start date.
- Experience with Solaris and Linux Server to include the build, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as addressing, service requests, routine sever maintenance (firmware, failures, hardening, etc.), and server consolidation.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, Sun Solaris 9/10 (UNIX), Red Hat, CentOS (Linux).
- Virtualization experience preferred.