Opportunity Description: Systems Engineer Opportunity … Colorado Springs, CO / Peterson AFB (Immediate Need)
DUE TO THE NATURE OF WORK ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE “SECRET CLEARANCE OR ABOVE” FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY …
Specific Job Description:
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
This System Engineer position will support the S2E2 program in all phases of development. Additionally, this role will support Deficiency Reporting, Requirements development and baselining activities for the SBIRS, Survivable, Endurable, Evolution (S2E2) Program. Responsibilities will include collaboration with subcontractors, local engineers, and geographically dispersed teammates; DR (Deficiency Reporting) resolution; participate in customer demonstrations; metrics collection; status collection; requirements analysis, decomposition, and baselining; DOORS administration and Clear Case /Clear Quest support.
• Experience with Deficiency Reporting process.
• Experience with Requirement development/baselining.
• Ground System development and sustainment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
• Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
• Effectively manage change.
• Experience with DOORS
• Experience with Clear Quest
• Mobile System development/operations program experience
• Experience with Satellite Command & Control
• Project scheduling
• Earned Value Management
• Experience with Metrics development and tracking