Job Title: Systems Engineer III
Job Number: 022018-002
Location: Bellevue/Offutt AFB, Nebraska
Security Requirement: Top Secret with SCI eligibility
Strategic Professional Resources, Inc. (SPR) is seeking a highly qualified Systems Engineer to perform high-level mid-tier administrative activities on the Oracle platform, within a networked facility. An incumbent will utilize their in-depth knowledge and understanding of SDLC and COTS/GOTS/FOSS infrastructure to assess technical and architectural changes for impact to IPT – specific software and/or other command level systems. An incumbent plays a major role in facilitating collaboration with SME’s, database administrators, network administrators, software developers and internal/external vendors to understand specific requirements and provide viable middleware solutions.
Additional duties include:
- Perform technical reviews of design and development specifications of software applications, systems and other engineering artifacts
- Supports certification, maintenance and testing of software applications, as well as the integration of complex software systems and provides comments, recommendations, status as necessary and appropriate.
- Additionally supports the delivery of software, its installation, configuration and testing; problem resolution and maintenance; encompassing all procedures and timelines necessary to achieve approval to test and promote new or updated software to production following processes stipulated by the IPT’s security and configuration management processes.
- Assess items such as processes products, contractor-developed solutions, baseline changes, Remedy Change Requests, or other items and provide comments/recommendations as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with security standards, participate in improvement of existing and/or development of new standards.
- Provides systems engineering support papers, prototypes, models and simulations or other products as requested.
Successful performance in this position requires in-depth cradle-to-grave understanding of the SDLC including:
- SW delivery/CDT&E/GDT&E/IOC/FOC
- Spiral development
- IT virtual environmental readiness
- Configuration Management of baseline/SW patches
- Understanding of Cybersecurity processes (POAMS/STIG/IATT/ATO)
Additionally in-depth knowledge of COTS/GOTS/FOSS infrastructure (installation/configuration/performance/troubleshooting) including:
- Oracle Weblogic
- Oracle DB
- Security Layer (OAM/OUD/OHS)
- Traffic Manager
Desired Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related technical area. IAM Level certification preferred
Desired Experience: 5-10 years which demonstrates the knowledge of and experience with the technologies mentioned above.
SPR in an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
SPR was formed to preserve an inclusive family of professionals who embody the ideas of Excellence in Performance and Mission Accomplishment. Today SPR is the Premier Provider of Technical and Professional Solutions for government services in Program Management, Engineering, and Acquisition Life-Cycle Support. With over 80 employees operating in Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, and the National Capital Region (NCR), SPR has succesfully provided these services to the DoD, USSTRATCOM and the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) since 2010.
Our compensation approach is designed to provide competitive salaries and outstanding fringe benefits that protect an employee's income or standard of living, allow for a balance of work and home life, and encourage a rewarding and successful career with the company.
We're looking for folks who have a genuine interest in the subject matter or project we support and can function in varying degrees of structure.