Please send resume in word format to BKAPPER@SATTEL2.COM should you be interested in the following full-time, permanent position. Our client is looking for a Systems Architect with a salary between 160-175K. This position will be on-site in Germantown, MD. If you are not interested but know of someone that may be, please pass this along.
ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
All candidates must be receptive to a Drug test, Background investigation and DOE security processing.
This person needs to have strong communication and leadership skills. They
will be client facing and must be confident in delivery.
Interview Process: Technical Phone Screen then an onsite interview.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Our client is seeking a Systems Architect to provide architecture support for improvements and modernization of a large scale, multi-site IT operations environment. This role is critical in leading evaluations and providing actionable recommendations, both tactically and strategic, for a large Federal Government customer in an organization that manages a complex IT operations environment increasing in volume, velocity, and variety. This position will assist the customer in modernizing while transitioning to a managed service support model
* Functions as a key member of a core team of evaluators and
* Conduct interviews, meetings, and fact finding activities to gather
requirements and artifacts
* Builds working relationships to facilitate adoption of standards,
and metrics in preparing deliverables
* Assesses current policies, procedures, and tools and develop
recommendations for improvements
* Provides recommendations to improve operational stability, enhance
engineering innovation, and lead new technology infusion into the environment.
* Develops analyses and leverages findings to offer recommendations
for visibility into the enterprise, systems management, and solutions that compliment or replace existing technologies
* Develops a roadmap for modernization strategies to intake, manage,
and disseminate enterprise solutions
* Leads the development of a plan to realize the overarching
organization's strategic plan in achieving enhanced policies, procedures, and infrastructure
* Is prepared to deliver on implementation plans and manage upgrades
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer
Science, Information Systems, or related field.
* 8+ years as a Technical and/or Solutions Architect with at least 3
years in a leadership function
* Experience with infrastructure that supports an enterprise-level IT
* Experience with proven systems engineering life-cycle, adherence to
a SELC, and production of artifacts supporting a SELC
* Experience with cloud, hybrid, and IT-as-a-Service models including
implementation and migration (AWS, Azure)
* Significant Experience with Microsoft solutions including Azure,
Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), Active Directory, Exchange, Skype For Business, System Center, SQL, and SharePoint.
* Experienced with leading technologies for networks, storage,
systems hosting, cyber security, directory services, identity management including service authentication and access, server, desktop and application virtualization, IP convergence, systems architecture and design, as well as other pertinent technologies
* Experience in evaluating technical tools and solutions and to
identify modernization opportunities within a laboratory or other simulation environment
* Demonstrated relationship management skills with the ability to
build strong relationship across all levels of the organization, including the C-level senior leadership
* Ability to organize and manage to deadlines and work
collaboratively and independently
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to
interface with organizational executives
* Adaptability, Autonomy, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Team
Management, Conflict Resolution, and Decision Making skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Experience with Windows, Linux and UNIX environments
* Experience with a variety of technologies and vendors solutions
such as Microsoft, Amazon, Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, HP, Oracle, PURE, and NetApp.
* Experience with cost benefit and business case analyses
* Familiarity with Federal policies supporting Open Government, Open
Data and Digital Government
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree in an IT related field
* Master's degree in IT related field
* PMP certification