Please send resume in word format to BKAPPER@SATTEL2.COM should you be interested in the following Messaging and Collaboration Lead position in Germantown, MD. The salary for this position will be between 140-160K. If you’re not interested, please pass along to your friends and colleagues.
An Active/Current TOP SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
Candidates must be receptive to a Drug test, Background investigation and DOE security processing.
Interview process – Phone and In-person
Messaging and Collaboration Lead
The Messaging and Collaboration Lead is a technical manager, leading the Messaging and Collaboration team in providing Operational Support to our federal client. This team is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting all components of the enterprise messaging systems and associated infrastructure, including all related applications, servers, and services. Individuals in this position will need to maintain a high level of ownership and investment in tasks associated with both new and ongoing messaging-based needs within the IT environment. Incumbents must be able to lead efforts in strategic planning, ongoing operations, troubleshooting, remediating and optimizing any and all messaging-based activities and issues, while also working with customer requirements and providing educated/expert level recommendations to management.
This role is responsible for solving highly complex problems where analysis of situations or data will require an in-depth evaluation of the situation.
This position will be required to provide guidance to Operational Support personnel and work directly with customers and vendors. This position
7+ years of Tier 3 technical experience with 3+ years team lead
experience in an enterprise IT environment, having performed operational and break/fix activities.
Required leadership traits include:
• Communication - The successful candidate will be skilled in clearly and succinctly explaining to employees everything from organizational and customer mission/strategic goals to specific operational tasks. The candidate will demonstrate skill in all forms of communication, including one-on-ones, cross-departmental collaboration, communication skills up and down the chain of command, presentation skills (verbal and written), team conversations, as well as communication via phone and email. The successful candidate will establish a steady flow of communication between themselves and team members, either through an open-door policy or regular conversations with staff and will make themselves regularly available to discuss issues and concerns.
• Motivation - The successful candidate will inspire the team to go the extra mile by building employee self-esteem through recognition and rewards, employing team building activities on a routine basis, and by giving employees new responsibilities to increase their investment in the customer environment and the company.
• Delegating - Successful candidates will quickly identify the skills of each employee, and will assign duties to each based on his or her skill set.
• Positivity - The successful candidate will be able to create a happy and healthy work environment, even during busy, stressful periods. The successful candidate will have high emotional IQ and will incorporate care and understanding in their interactions with the team.
• Trustworthiness - Employees need to be able to feel comfortable coming to their manager or leader with questions and concerns. The successful candidate for this position will consistently demonstrate integrity — as employees will only trust leaders they respect - by being open and honest.
The successful candidate will model trustworthiness and will encourage the same sort of honesty in the team.
• Feedback - The successful candidate will constantly look for opportunities to deliver useful information to team members about their performance without micromanaging.
• Responsibility - The successful candidate will take responsibility for both the successes and failures of his or her team and as such, will accept blame when something does not go correctly, and will then immediately devise clear solutions for improvement.
• Accountability - The successful candidate will consistently acknowledge responsibility for actions, work and products produced, judgments made, and policies and processes implemented in the area of Messaging and Collaboration. This includes the administration and governance of the above, as well as implementation within the latitude of this role.
• Commitment - The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership by following through with what they agree to do. They will be willing to put in the extra hours to complete an assignment; demonstrating to employees their commitment to do so. Similarly, the successful candidate will keep promises and commitments to staff.
• Flexibility - The successful candidate will understand that last-minute changes always occur at work and will demonstrate flexibility by accepting whatever changes come their way. Similarly, the candidate will be open to suggestions and feedback…demonstrating a willingness to listen to team concerns and an openness to making necessary changes.
• Hands on leadership of administering email, mobile device management, and instant messaging systems • Serve as Subject Matter Expert for email client software such as Microsoft Office Outlook 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert for Microsoft Windows Server environment with Windows Server 2012 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2003.
• Collaborate with and assist Customer Support (Tier-1 and Tier-2) personnel with messaging-related incidents and tasks.
• Leading the design and implementation of IT projects and major efforts, to include documentation, communication, and coordination of all components.
• Interfacing and coordinating with first- and third-party software vendors as needed to achieve timely resolution of business-impacting problems.
• Providing recommendations on optimizing the performance of the systems environment, including reconfiguration, maintenance and/or upgrades. • Training engineers and support specialists on operating and supporting the Messaging solution product set • Ensuring performance of daily Quality Control checks on the Messaging and Collaboration systems, applications, and environment • Gaining a working knowledge of and keep current on customer process and procedures for Incident/Task handling • Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level Security Clearance (Active Top Secret or Q clearance preferred).
Skills, Experience & Qualifications.
• 5+ years of working with Lync 2013 or Microsoft Skype for Business • 8+ years of working with Microsoft Exchange and O365 Exchange Online technologies • 5+ years of Microsoft and Networking Technical Experience • 5+ years of experience managing mail gateway systems (preferably Axway) • Proven experience in Unified Communications Migrations for large / nationwide enterprises • Proficient understanding of cloud concepts • Current senior-level administration experience with email systems such as Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online or Exchange 2007/2010/2013.
• Expert-level experience administering mobile device management systems such as Blackberry Enterprise Server, Good Technologies, and Microsoft Intune.
• Proficiency with administration of instant messaging systems such as Microsoft Office 365 Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business Server 2015, Lync Server 2010/2013, or Office Communications Server 2007.
• Proficiency in email client software such as Microsoft Office Outlook 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007.
• Expertise of management within a Microsoft Windows Server environment with Windows Server 2012 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2003.
• Ability to collaborate with and assist Customer Support (Tier-1 and
Tier-2) personnel with messaging-related incidents and tasks.
• Experience leading the design and implementation of IT projects and major efforts, to include documentation, communication, and coordination of all components.
• Experience interfacing and coordinating with first- and third-party software vendors as needed to achieve timely resolution of business-impacting problems.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Enterprise Mobility Services, System Center Configuration Manager and Intune and other technologies related to workspace productivity • Proven ability to work on large-scale deployments serving multiple locations • Strong understanding of networks and related WAN/LAN technologies • Strong understanding of TCP/IP and Network communications • 4-year degree or equivalent experience, graduate degree preferred • Microsoft Certifications in the Microsoft technologies required for this position • Expert Level in Unified Communications technologies such as Lync 2013, and Skype for Business • Expert-Level in Messaging technologies such as Exchange 2016 and Office
365 Exchange Online
• Strong understanding of ITIL
• Must be able to collaborate effectively with other senior architects within the organization • Must possess strong Project management and provide proven ability to build accurate project timelines and deliver on-time projects • Ability and willingness to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders • Ability to work in a team environment • Strong knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell