The Mid Exercise Planner will assist with the planning, execution, and evaluation of DOE/NNSA internal and interagency exercises. These actions primarily consist of supporting the lead exercise planner, exercise director, and the evaluation team; finalizing exercise evaluation guides, inputting controller observations into a database, and drafting/reviewing exercise after action reviews. This position is contingent upon client approval
• Provide guidance, consultation, and facilitation for the Federal client and project team by planning, designing, executing, and evaluating exercises supported with exercise related products.
• Assist the planning and design phases to NNSA asset, intra & inter-agency, and national level exercises by preparing and disseminating products such as the Exercise Plan (EXPLAN), Controller/Evaluator (C/E) Handbook, Master Scenario Events List (MSEL), player briefings, and After Action reports/Corrective Action Plans (AAR/CAP) in the Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP) format.
• Develop, coordinate, and assist in the implementation of annual exercise and training and staffing plans.
• Develop, schedule, and assist in the execution of all levels of training and administration of exercises.
• Provide operational and staff support to Emergency Management, Consequence Management, Counter-terrorism, CBRNE (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive) programs, and disaster preparedness requirements.
• Domestic and infrequent international overnight travel is required.
• Support outside of normal office hours, including occasional on-call duties.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• 5+ years’ related experience
• Current TS or Q security clearance, Q preferred
• Master Exercise Practitioner Program (MEPP) certification is desired.