The Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division, Keyport, WA (NUWC Keyport), operates under the Department of the Navy enterprise wide network and computing environment with standard architecture and services, and a uniformly high level of security. Federal statutes, Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Navy (DON) directives provide the overarching policy that governs and operates within the bounds of that policy. NUWC Division Keyport has a requirement for Information Technology (IT) Support of the corporate infrastructure to provide professional, technical skills to support the IT tasks of this facility with limited support relative to the Navy Enterprise Network contract, including support of new and existing applications and programs that may or may not be linked to the Research Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) network.
• Design, develop and implement software programs to meet business requirements.
• Ability to perform lifecycle management, program using agile methodology, and understanding and ability to use and database analytical skills.
• Responsible for defining and maintaining data interface definitions between various application platforms, such as GIS, Network Servers, Web Servers, etc.
• Able to perform as a lead of any project from definition to implementation; ability to manage both human and computer resources in a manner that project is verifiably accurate and on schedule.
• Works at all technical phases of programming; can apply creative thinking and utilize the accumulated knowledge and experience of others.
• Critically reviews all programs prior to implementation to verify consistency and conformance with established departmental guidelines, policies and practices as well as industry standard guidelines; performs acceptance testing and program implementation for assigned systems and/or projects.
• Conducts thorough problem analysis concerning technical system and application programs; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives.
• Capable of designing application solutions to user department needs without supervision; maintains current working knowledge of all installed application systems.
• Building Web Front ends, sandboxed solutions with Visual Studio and C#, event receivers.
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum of three (3) years of analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality; designing and developing user interfaces, determining design methodologies; completing programing; designing and/or conducting testing.
• Have demonstrated understanding of developing .net and/or C# components including apps, forms, pages and services; User controls; windows services and workflows
• Proficient in development using at least two (2) of the following: Windows; Visual Studio.NET; C#; and Java.
• Must hold a current CompTIA Security + and/or International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium ((ISC)2) Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience in programming and systems design