* Education/Training (both required and desired): + High School diploma required + Associates Degree in management or technical/scientific discipline desired
* Experience: + 5+ years of professional experience in the required task area + 5 years related inspection experience or demonstrated ability to perform described responsibilities + Knowledge of applicable military standards or specifications + Required experience in CMM operations, background in dimensioning & tolerancing per ANSI/ASME Y 14.5 + Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints, customer's specifications and internal drawings and procedures + Thorough knowledge of machine shop mathematics including trigonometry + Must demonstrate effective verbal, written and communication skills + Ability to work effectively with others and be a participative team player + Experience or ability or learn model base scan inspection and related tools
* Security: + Must be a US citizen + Ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
Expertise and Functions
* With minimum guidance in a team environment, use independent judgement to determine quality and usability of products. Responsible for a wide variety of complex inspection requirements.
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date acceptance and rejection records and/or certifications systems as required by the applicable specifications.
* Determine acceptance or rejection of an article after inspection and/or calibration of parts, tools, instruments.
* Identify defective condition and prepare all appropriate documentation and/or tool calibration data.
* Perform inspection on complex parts using a wide variety of measuring and test equipment including CMM.
* Adapt and develop complex inspection set-ups to check sample parts, forgings and castings. Check tool and jig layouts.
* Perform first article and envelope inspections, and/or complex surface plate set-ups.
* Interpret specifications, charts, manuals and other data to determine acceptance or rejection. Recommend changes to supervision. Use mathematics to convert blueprint dimension and tolerances. Work within the guidelines of drawings, blueprints, route sheets, travelers, quality directives, technical engineering specifications, customer's requirements and military standards.
* Layout all component part characteristics onto rough or semi-machined castings, forgings and machine parts to maintain control of machining cycle during manufacturing.
* Make own gaging set-ups on surface plate using block, parallels, clamps, sine plates and V-blocks to take readings with precision measuring instruments.
* Adapt inspection equipment to check standard, non-standard and special products.
* Investigate cause of customer return failures and recommend corrective actions.
* Perform inspections to applicable specifications within assembly, test and shipping departments.
* Assist customer/government source inspectors as necessary.
* Set-up tool calibration inspection using drawings, specifications, or related documents.
* Document and evaluate historical data to determine calibration intervals.
* Document actions by completing logs, inspection reports, travelers, and machine usage
* Review certification documents and records for creation of a Certificate of Conformance
* Verifies and controls non-conforming product and the Material Review Bonding (MRB) process
KIHOMAC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.