Location: Springfield, VA OR St. Louis, MO
Employment Type: Direct Hire/Permanent
Salary: $120-125k dependent on experience, education, and certifications
• Active TS/SCI clearance is required
• 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer – Python experience strongly preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
• Thorough understanding of standard web service protocols (such as SOAP, REST, and OGC)
• Designs, implements, and integrates software applications; Oversees software development team(s) and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process.
• Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing- intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
• Collaborates with hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems for product and commercial software.
• Coordinates software system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met. Implements recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
• Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
• Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment.
• Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards/repeatable processes.
• Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects.
• Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.