At Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC), we are committed to assisting government, industry and nonprofit organizations achieve world-class competitiveness. In carrying out that mission, we recognize that our employees are our most important asset. Our organization has been recognized continually as an exceptional place to work. Visit us online at www.ctc.com for more information.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and be recognized as a corporate innovator with a respected national reputation for solving complex technical challenges? Become a part of our team. CTC has an opportunity for a qualified Senior Cyber Security Engineer at Johnstown, PA.
SENIOR CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER
Primary Responsibilities: CTC is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Engineer with experience in malware defense and analysis, vulnerability assessment, firewall management and web application security testing. Responsibilities may include:
• Risk Assessments - Evaluates network architectures, storage architectures, CTC hosted web applications hardware/software configurations, and new technologies for security vulnerabilities and impacts on confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
• Intrusion Detection – Responsible for the design, implementation and sustainment of technologies which provide Internet or Intranet attack detection, investigation, correlation, and countermeasures.
• Cyber Security Research - Conducts research and training to maintain and develop readiness and user awareness with respect to cyber-attack trends and methods.
• Perimeter Protection – Responsible for the design, implementation and sustainment of technologies which provide network or policy enforcement points.
• Malware Analysis - Performs technical inspection and reverse engineering of unknown software to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of IT systems, information, and networks.
• Policy Development - Creates IT security policies and provides security documentation for awareness purposes.
• Provides design and implementation guidance to IT staff and application developers in creating secure systems and monitoring intranet, extranet, and internet systems for security threats. Designs security infrastructure (HW/SW, policies, procedures), performs vulnerability assessments, evaluates network infrastructure, conducts investigations and performs intrusion detection monitoring.
• Provides input and develops cyber-security related products for potential clients. This can include conducting presentations and meeting with prospective clients.
• Possess a BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, plus 6 - 8 years of directly related experience
• Be proficient with TCP/IP packet analysis; application-based and state-based firewalls; and Internet services such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP and TLS
• Experience with enterprise malware protection, enterprise encryption, network-based intrusion detection systems (IDS) and wireless intrusion prevention systems (WIPS)
• Candidates must have a solid understanding of network and application-based attack trends, defense methods and risk assessment
• Linux and Windows Operating System experience; and experience with network sniffers, vulnerability assessment tools and log file analysis
• Operating System hardening, computer incident response, vulnerability assessment and security patch management
• Experience with Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting language
• 802.11 wireless networks, public key infrastructure (PKI) and computer forensics is considered a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must
• Some travel is required
Clearance: US Citizenship required. The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Top Secret security clearance for this position.
• Our technical teams at CTC are passionate and thrive on collaboration in a team environment
• We invest in training and development of our staff
• When we encounter a difficult problem, we have a variety of talented and diverse engineers that work together to solve the toughest challenges
• 529 College Savings plan, tuition reimbursement, retirement, etc.
• Flexible work hours
• Although our work at CTC is extremely important, we also recognize the need for our employees to maintain a proper mix of work and personal life.
Join us! CTC offers exceptional career growth, corporate values, educational opportunities, and recognition for quality work. We have a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes online at:
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”