This position involves work in the construction, installation, and repair of shipping and storage containers and material handling items such as boxes, crates, skids, pallets, and storage bins made of wood or wood substitute materials. The work require skill in the use of hand and power tools and machines to measure, cut, and fasten these materials, and knowledge to follow or adapt patterns, templates, and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
• Works, cooperates, and communicates, as directed by the Program Manager, with supervisors, team leaders and coworkers satisfactorily. This includes the professional, mature acceptance of constructive criticism.
• Responsible for building, maintaining, repairing, and alteration/ upgrade of containers.
• Operates various equipment and tools in several trades to produce accurate dimensions and precise fits for finished products.
• Complies with policies and procedures as set forth in the corporation’s Handbook of Policy and Procedure.
• Complies with the provisions of the corporation’s Standard Practice Procedures manual and DoD
• Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: Should have 4-6 years’ experience in wood project construction.
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Requirements
The work requires a full range of knowledge of woodworking techniques to plan, construct, and repair standardized shipping and storage containers. The job requires skill in measuring developing and laying out a variety of projects of varying shapes and sizes; construction of special joints or adapting of materials or design to construct secure and weather-tight containers; and the ability to use wood working, measuring, and layout devices as well as skill in the use of all standard woodworking tools, both hand and power.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Requirements: Must be able to handle heavy, bulky materials.
Work Conditions: Working conditions may vary with specific job duties. At times workers will encounter noise and dust. As a result they will regularly wear hearing protection devices, goggles, and respirators or masks.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.