Tapestry Solutions, a Boeing Company, with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 650 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions and support 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Position: Systems Administrator III
Location: Charleston, SC
Requisition Number: 17-1143
Performs system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture. Provides problem resolution and technical support for delivery systems. Provides support for the design, validation and configuration management of computing delivery systems. Administers users system access and works to protect information to meet security requirements. Monitors system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning. May mentor, lead and train others or may manage special projects and their associated budgets.
• Confers with senior personnel, users and outside vendors to identify computer data access requirements. Assists in developing, deploying, and validating security policies, processes, procedures, and tools. Promotes security awareness to mitigate security risks. Collaborates with senior personnel to define and establish safeguards to protect information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure to meet emergency data processing needs. Monitors and analyzes information security reports to identify current threats, determine appropriate solutions, and implement approved security measures. Installs patches, modified security files, controls file and data access, and corrects errors. Manages users system access to meet security requirements. Performs risk assessments against complex and diverse computing environments and take action to ensure correct functioning of data processing activities and security measures. Supports implementation of hardware and software security measures for transmission and storage of information. Collaborates with senior personnel in the definition and documentation of computer security and emergency measures, policies, procedures and tests.
• Understand and implement DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) on Windows workstations and servers.
• Perform installation, updates, and configuration of servers and workstations in accordance with industry best practices and DISA standards.
• Performs system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health. Assists with the analysis of system resource trends and gathers customer requirements for capacity planning. Establishes backup and restore procedures to ensure system and data availability. Assists in the definition and maintenance of disaster recovery procedures to ensure business continuity.
• Works in conjunction with senior personnel in the design of the delivery system (e.g., hardware, operating system, middleware, network configuration, data structure) to meet business requirements. Performs delivery systems installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture. Validates end-to-end system functionality through unit and integration testing.
• Participates in customer and IT Change Boards to understand business requirements and provide analysis to determine changes required. Collaborates with senior personnel in performing risk assessments on proposed changes to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed. Implements system changes across large, complex and diverse server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures for efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations. Participates in the design of the configuration management plan. Collects, maintains and reports IT infrastructure information across distributed systems and multiple support groups. Updates information that describes computing systems and networks including all hardware and software components. Initiates change requests in accordance with established change procedures to assure compliance with baseline configuration.
• Evaluates business impact against environmental conditions (e.g., server configuration/performance, network performance, drive settings, error logs, etc), analyzes potential solutions and takes action to resolve problems across complex and diverse server environments. Documents resolutions/analyses according to support procedures. Conducts root cause analysis where required to identify causes of problems resolved and develop and deploy mitigation plans.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
•Active DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred skills and/or experience:
• Knowledge of Tenable ACAS, and DISA HBSS systems
• Must have a strong understanding of Windows Desktop, Servers, and VMware
• Experience in working with, and configuring multiple operating systems to include Windows, Linux and VMware
• Windows Group Policy, Active Directory, and DNS
• Experience troubleshooting network connectivity
• Experience working with SQL databases
• OS specific certification such as: Linux+, Server+, Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), MCP, MCSA or similar
• Security+ certification or must have within 90 days of start date.A Culture of Service and Dedication
A Culture of Service and Dedication
At the heart of our company are our dedicated employees who possess a unique blend of domain knowledge, technical expertise and innovation needed to deliver the best possible products and services. We are a diverse, multi-cultural organization with employees of all ages at various stages of their professional careers.
Over the years, our employees have developed trusted relationships with our customers – from the hands-on technician on up to the 3-star commanding officer. By acquiring an intimate knowledge of customer requirements, we are able to deliver tailored, cost-effective solutions that are critical for mission success.
Tapestry Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.