CAT II/III Korean Linguist
Valbin Corporation is a leading language service provider to the government and private sector and is dedicated to delivering superior linguistic, analytical and cultural services to the diplomatic, defense, intelligence and business sectors.
We are currently seeking well qualified CAT II/III Korean Linguist for an active contract in DC Metro area.
POSITION SUMMARY: The well-qualified candidate will perform translation, interpretation, and transcription work at a professional level for a government intelligence agency. Examples of completed work include: reports, memos, correspondence, audio, or oral communication that may be informational or highly technical. Candidates must be able to perform in a government office setting with a fast-paced environment.
LANGUAGES SOUGHT: Candidate must have strong proficiency in both Korean and English
JOB LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
• Reviewing raw, unfiltered media, including media containing potentially objectionable material.
• Conducting and preparing accurate written gists, translations, and transcriptions of general and technical material.
• Working with various materials consisting of: hand written, typed, audio, video language, hard copies, and electronic format copies.
• Scanning and processing large amounts of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information as defined by the customer.
• Transcription, translation, and interpretation duties.
• MUST have an active DoD SECRET, TOP SECRET or TS/SCI security clearance.
• MUST have experience as a professional linguist performing document and/or media file exploitation.
• MUST be local, or willing to relocate to the DC/MD/VA region at own expense.
• MUST have ILR level scores of 3 or higher in Korean and English Listening/Speaking, Reading, and Writing.
• PLUS have current or prior access with the DIA or NSA
• PLUS have a Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree preferred.