Mission Essential is accepting applications for Linguists possessing an active security clearance that can Speak and Write fluently in Pashto, Dari and English and interpret simultaneously between these languages in meetings.
Linguist will provide foreign language services to support classified Operations with US Military personnel in and around Afghanistan:
• Support their assigned unit 7 days per week for a minimum of 8 hours per day which can be extended to 12 hours or longer depending on mission. Read, write, and speak in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation the required foreign languages and English fluently in all three languages of Pashto, Dari, and English.
• Provide simultaneous interpretation between Pashto, Dari, and English in meetings.
• Have the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translation and interpretation of on-going conversations and/or activities.
• Have the familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
• Have the ability to deal inconspicuously with local populace.
• Be willing and able to live and work in harsh environments, to include living and working in temporary facilities as mission dictates.
• Have the ability to serve in a combat zone if necessary.
• Have the ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress.
Must possess and Interim Secret security clearance or higher.
Must be proficient in reading, writing, listening, and speaking target language(s) and English.
Must be proficient in simultaneously interpreting between Pashto, Dari, and English in meetings.
Must be willing to travel overseas, in this case, Afghanistan.
• Provide general linguistic support for military operations and simultaneously interpret during interviews, meetings, and conferences.
• Interpret and translate written and spoken communications.
• Transcribe and analyze communications.
• Perform document exploitation.
• Scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for key information.
• Translate foreign language documents.
• Identify and extract information components meeting military information requirements.
• Provide input to reports.