In this position, you are a member of the team responsible for the operation, maintenance, and security of the enterprise servers. To be qualified for this position, 3 years of HBSS administration is required, as is an Active DoD Secret clearance. If you are interested in learning more about this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate when a good time for us to speak would be.
Position: HBSS Systems Administrator
Location: Alexandria, VA
Environment: relaxed and team-oriented, flex business hours
• Responsible for system operations and maintenance (O&M), and security of the enterprise servers.
• Develop TTPs that address how the organization will ensure HBSS is fully operational in accordance with USCG and USCYBERCOM directives.
• Ensure all implemented patches; maintenance releases, version upgrades, and implemented tuning are integrated into the program baseline after release by PL.
• Update the HBSS agents, modules, signature files, and policy sets within 30 days of release/approval by CAB.
• Ensure Rogue System Detection sensors have coverage per USCYBERCOM direction and alerts are reviewed daily.
• Identify and report any implementation, configuration, resource and coverage gaps regarding the deployment and operation of HBSS.
• Operates HBSS on all assets in accordance with approved operating procedures. This includes monitoring HBSS operations and alert logs, notifying their chain of command in accordance with local incident handling procedures, and updating HBSS agents with appropriately approved HBSS policy set changes, programmatic updates, and patches.
• Ensure all assets are being monitored by HBSS, and coordinate with local support to install HBSS agent if unable to install remotely.
• Serves as first level escalation point for HBSS related tickets/issues
• Works to identify root cause of HBSS-related incidents and provide workaround if applicable to restore service
• Escalates to proper office in cases where current tier troubleshooting has been exhausted.
• Assists with troubleshooting of all escalated issues
• Provide feedback to engineering on HBSS documentation and process improvements.
• Remediate all systems with missing or out of compliance modules and/or antivirus and HIPS definitions.
• Remediate Distributed Repository replication failures.
• Setup and verify CutterCopy Solution is functioning properly on each Cutter.
• Process all Writeable Media Waiver Requests for SIPR
• Adds IP addresses to Trusted Networks for any vulnerability scanners in use by IAD.
• Implements appropriate blocking actions requested by CGCYBER in accordance with approved TTPs.
• Respond to and resolve incident tickets for HBSS issues
• Provide after-hour support and on-call support as required.
• Active SECRET Clearance
• Minimum of 7 years of experience or a BS or MS degree and 3 years of experience
• 3+ years’ HBSS Admin experience
• 3+ years’ experience working with and a basic knowledge of Windows server 2008 R2 and Windows server 2012 R2 system administration
• 3+ years’ experience and a general understanding of applying patches and updates to servers and workstations
• 3+ years’ experience with Windows 7, 10 system administration
• Experience using enterprise level ticket routing system (Remedy preferred)
• HBSS 201, HBSS 301, or DISA Certification
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please email your resume to email@example.com and indicate when a good time for us to speak would be.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.