The U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM), Logistics and Readiness Centers (LRC) mission is to provide global Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) logistics support to the Warfighter and Coalition forces in a timely, cost-effective manner. The LRC prepares, sustains, and resets the nation's Armed Forces before, during and after combat operations and deployments. This mission is accomplished through rapid acquisition, maintenance, production, fielding, equipment training, and operation and sustainment of CECOM equipment. The LRC provides the U.S. Army with communications and electronic systems that enable tanks, planes, helicopters, and ships.
CSRA is currently looking for a Field Service Engineer (CNC, REF Lab) for Bagram, Afghanistan. This position requires 100% of travel. Contract is for 5 years, and has a $12K bonus at the end of a full 1-Year deployment.
As the Field Service Engineer you will:
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution.
- Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications. Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives.
- Acts as local on-site representative to customer's organization.
- BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
- Must have a current and active Secret clearance
- Computer-aided manufacturing (GibbsCam), operating and maintaining a 3-axis computer numerical controlled (CNC) mill (metal parts), welding steel and aluminum (MIG & TIG), operating and maintaining a manual lathe, proper use of power tools, proper use of hand tools, electrical soldering
- Demonstrated experience of rapid fabrication processes
- Ability to produce complex machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a 3-Axis CNC mill (Haas OM2-A)
- Demonstrated past performance of rapid fabrication of solutions
- Ability to transfer, extract, manipulate and converts technical information from verbal requests, rough sketches, SolidWorks 3D computer aided design (CAD) models and drawings to completed products of a high degree of complexity and high quality
- Must be able to represent REF and ECBC in a professional manner in front of all levels of US Army personnel and Department of the Army Civilians
- Able to work independently with little guidance
- Able to work in close quarters in a small team
- Able to thrive professionally in austere environments
- Must be comfortable speaking to small groups of people
- Able to conduct rigorous physical work indoors and outside in extreme temperatures
- Able to hike on uneven terrain and climb on and in military vehicles
- Able to lift heavy objects, up to 50lbs
- Minimum one year deployment length
- Electronic Engineering
- Computer Peripherals
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
AFG Bagram - C4ISR Regional Support Ctr, Thomas Fuller Cmpd (APC004)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.