SOC Analyst I
Organization: Department of Education
Location: Washington, DC
Labor Category: Tier 1 SOC Analyst
Terms: Full Time Employment
Salary: Based on experience, education and certification
This position requires shift work. The Tier 1 SOC Analysts support a 24/7/365 Security Operations Center and monitors security tools and provides first tier response to security incidents. The analysts follow standard operating procedures for detecting, classifying, and reporting incidents under the supervision of Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff.
- 1-2 years Security Operations Center (SOC) environment experience with security engineering and monitoring experience a MUST
- Dedicated monitoring and analysis of cyber security events (Triage)
- Event of Interest (EOI) handling and escalation
- Incident Report generation and reporting
- Processes incident communications to include initial reporting, follow-ups, requests for information and resolution activity
- Required Experience, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
- COMPTIA Security + or other relevant networking or software engineering certifications