Apex Systems Inc., is immediately seeking a Cleared Linux Systems Administrator who is a self-starter, highly organized, has a strong drive for quality, and eagerness to learn/grow. This position will support an enterprise level government integrator, and offer a strong upside for growth within the organization. This position sits onsite in Linthicum, Maryland and is a contract-to-permanent hire engagement.
To be considered please respond with your most up to date resume to Jford@apexsystemsinc.com
Clearance: DOD Secret clearance
Description of Work:
• Design, test, and implement secure Linux (RedHat) Servers
• Utilize compliance tools (ACAS/Nessus/SCAP) and to implement security controls.
• Document proper technical policies/procedures based on RMF, DCID 6/3 and ICD503 compliance requirements
• Patch and upgrade to remove or protect from vulnerabilities
• Assist with continued Windows and Linux integration projects
• Develop customized solutions to customer/user requirements. Ensure hardware and software compatibility and project computer capacity and capabilities
• Provide day to day support for development staff
• Maintain and support virtualized environment using VMware
• Support the Linux RHEL & CentOS environment
• Work with the team and application sponsors to resolve issues that arise in the daily administration of the UNIX/Linux environment.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems for all applications.
• Assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution on Linux systems – performance, health, configuration
• Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management and monitoring tools
• Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components
• Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of experience or 10+ years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Degree must be in a Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Communication, Management Information Systems, or related field.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience with Linux environments, to include hands on experience with RHEL v5, 6 & 7 as well as CentOS v5, 6, 7
• Experience with compliance tools such as ACAS/Nessus/SCAP
• Hands on experience standing up/implementing new Linux servers, as well as patching and performing upgrades to remove or protect from vulnerabilities in Linux environments
• Experience in virtualized environments utilizing VMware
• Understanding & some knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and desktop.
• Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503/ FISMA information system requirements, as well as JSIG or JAFAN
• DOD 8570 IAT Level II Compliant
• Experience in larger government contracts supporting Airforce or Navy
• Experience with Win Bind or Samba
• Experience training junior team members
• Any past Network Admin experience
• Experience supporting Linux servers running Engineering functions (Mechanical, Civil, Thermal, Etc…)
• Experience with Windows and Linux integration techniques