Travel Requirement: 100% - could be gone for 3-5 weeks at a time
Pay range: Varies upon location
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays!!!
- Starting Year 2: 10 days of PTO
• This team goes out to different military bases and installs computers, upgrades machines, handles deployments, ghost's machines, upgrades networks that are out of date.
• **Traveling to Navy bases in specific regions to provide technical support**
• Monitor, operate and maintain hardware, software, and networks for a computing platform for all military installations supported by NMCI (Navy Marine Corps Intranet)
• Configure, assemble and install laptops, microcomputers, workstations and/or peripheral equipment.
• Perform first line support for service interruptions such as printer routings, power outages, wiring problems, and malfunctioning servers and escalate unresolved problems to expedite resolution.
• Upgrade, modify and replace hardware, software and network components.
Clearance Requirement: Active DOD Secret Clearance
Certification Requirements: Comptia (A+, N+ or Security +) must be current or continuing education
• Candidates need to have great customer service skills.
• Ideal candidate will be familiar with PC/Laptop Support.
• Candidates must be reliable, able to learn quickly, and show that they are dependable. We will need reference checks proving that.
• Candidate must pass a drug screen and background investigation before they are eligible to start position.
• Up to 100% (Must be flexible to drive up to 50 miles daily commute or fly out of town for up to 3 weeks)
• 1-year contract with possible extension. This is not a guaranteed 40 hour per week position. Hours will be site-specific based on work.
• Your major “controllable” expenses will be covered up-front by Apex (airfare/rental car/hotel), but you be expected to record and report all other travel costs (meals, laundry, etc.) for reimbursement.