Company: Herdt Consulting, Inc.
An excellent opportunity with a highly successful, Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB). Every day, our clients trust Herdt to help navigate their most complex business and organizational challenges. We partner with our clients at all levels to ensure all business objectives are fully realized. Herdt provides project management, process and leadership support as well as specialized technical support to the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other Federal agencies. Herdt employees are accomplished individuals who have served as hands-on leaders in the U.S. military and private industry - We hire the best. Our employees lead some of the most complex enterprise business systems and business processes through implementation and sustainment. We are valued for our technical knowledge, business process expertise and industry best-practice solutions.
The candidate is a member of the NAVAIR Navy ERP Business Office (NBO) Financial Team, and provides consulting services and SAP technical support for Navy financial and management accounting processes. The candidate works directly with NBO government personnel, NAVAIR Navy ERP end-users, and business process owners to analyze and troubleshoot Navy ERP system issues. The analyst provides sustainment and end-user support as well as technical guidance for the financial modules and the associated financial business processes. The candidate should have a general understanding of Department of Defense (DoD) Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) requirements and the implication of Navy ERP to FIAR. The position requires a Secret Security Clearance.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Ensures business processes and technical areas are synchronized and assessed and impacts of changes in these areas are managed
• Analyzes, resolves, and tracks end-user issues and problems as they relate to financial business processes
• Develops recommendations and alternatives to potential solutions to limit impacts
• Assesses business process recurring errors and locates root causes
• Analyzes and resolves Navy ERP problems and issues and works with the NBO and the Navy ERP Sustainment (i.e., NAVSUP Business Systems Center) teams to resolve HEAT tickets
• Assists in gathering and compiling inputs for proposed system and business process changes
Experience/Education Requirements and Qualifications:
• AA/AS or higher degree in Accounting or Finance or at least 2 years of General Ledger accounting experience in Navy ERP
• SAP FI/CO experience desired
• Familiar with month-end and year-end close processing in Navy ERP - desired
• Familiar with entitlements processing in Navy ERP - desired
• Familiar with labor processing in Navy ERP – desired
• Secret Security Clearance required
Herdt Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In all business activities; HERDT uncompromisingly adheres to a policy prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, genetics, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a special disabled veteran or other veteran covered by the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended.
Visit http://herdtconsulting.com/content/careers to view:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Employment Opportunity – Supplement
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Employee Rights on Government Contracts
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Federal Minimum Wage
OSHA – Job Safety and Health