The Capital Improvement Program Subject Matter Expert (SME) will support the NNSA Office of Defense Security with the advice, assistance and support to the NNSA’s Capital Improvement Program. This position requires familiarity with the nuclear security enterprise, construction/infrastructure programs and security systems.
This position will provide subject matter expertise to DOE/NNSA for the capital improvement program activities at headquarters and in the field. Position will provide technical support for the following:
• Review and assess each construction project’s organizational structure to determine the adequacy of established project roles, responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities needed to achieve NNSA goals and objectives within established constraints.
• Review and assess the adequacy of each construction project’s scope, project implementation plan, management plan, work breakdown structure, resource plan, milestones, and schedule.
• Provide SME for DOE Order 413, and follow the directives for program and project management for each construction project.
• Review and assess the adequacy of each project’s work flow and logic diagram (e.g., road map, project schedule, etc.), assumptions and constraints, risk assessment and mitigation plan, coordination and communication plan, and resource plan.
• Assess, evaluate, recommend, and establish change control process management systems and project/program organizational structures capable of:
o Tracking changes and modifications against established baselines
o Tracking and reporting progress, performance, cost, and status against NNSA’s established work breakdown structure
o Prioritizing changes based on specific NA-71 requirements (e.g., resources, schedule, etc.). Ensuring change management, control processes, and systems are capable of tracking changes and modifications from the project baseline. Recommended processes and implementation systems will prioritize each change/modification and risk in a manner that optimizes NNSA’s achievement of its overall project and programs missions and goals.
• Provide technical support following the DOE Project Management Directive on all projects.
• Support the NA-70 security infrastructure program, the Argus Enterprise-wide security system project, and the development of the NNSA Twenty Year Site Plan effort.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors’ Degree in engineering, security, public policy or related field.
• DOE Q or DOD TS security clearance.
• 8+ years’ experience in capital improvement programs.
• Experience with DOE Order 413 for Program and Project Management.
• Highly effective communication skills (written and oral), effective work in fluid, high-pace environment, essential team-work skills, detailed oriented.
• Master’s Degree in engineering, security, public policy or related field
• 15+ years’ experience in capital improvement programs for DOE and NNSA.
• Familiarity with the NMSSUP Phase II, Security Improvement Projects at Y-12, the DAF Argus Replacement Project and the NNSA ESAAB.