Job Description: The Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for an Process Systems Engineer. This individual will have experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems and will provide SE&I support to the SBIRS and Weather Enterprise programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will perform enterprise governance activities for SMC/RS space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements. The candidate will schedule, facilitate, support, and document the results of Engineering Review Boards, other technical reviews, decision forums, issue resolution reviews, and risk management reviews, the candidate will capture action plans for resolution and assist the Government in executing selected solutions. Candidate should have experience with ground and space system acquisition, and general systems engineering. Major duties of the position include:
• Scheduling, facilitating, supporting, and documenting the results of Engineering Review Boards, other technical reviews, decision forums, issue resolution reviews, and risk management reviews.
• Capturing action plans for resolution and assisting the Government in executing selected solutions.
• Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent and valid across the SMC/RS Enterprise.
• Supporting the customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle as well as developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
• Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving systems engineering processes as required to enable effective SMC/RS systems engineering and integration efforts.
• Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development and production, as well as operations and sustainment.
• Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
• Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering.
• Strong, proactive leader who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems.
• Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
• 5+ years of strong demonstrated system engineering experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of a DoD program with proven delivery record.
• Experience with Weather systems, OPIR systems, and ground and space system acquisition.
• Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
• Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
• Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
• Advanced degree in Math, Science, or Engineering.
• Weather and/or SBIRS-specific experience highly desirable.
Qualified applicants should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About GreenDart Incorporated:
GreenDart Inc. is a high-tech aerospace small business that provides advanced risk reduction technologies to critical systems development. We are a collection of award-winning experts in the area of Test and Evaluation, Verification and Validation, Modeling and Simulation and general engineering services. Our customers deliver the most advanced technologies that lead their industries in defense and security.
As a small business you will work at arms-length with the CEO and president of GreenDart- giving you unique access to shaping the company as we grow. Come join our team!