Leonie is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Journalist/Editor to join our world-class team of exceptionally skilled, ethical and committed professionals providing news content for a Defense magazine. Since 2004, Leonie has made the customer the top priority while maintaining a culture of industry thought leadership that has translated into unmatched mission accomplishments.
The journalist/editor will work directly with the Site Manager and team of external writers to develop news content for a Defense magazine, and perform timely review/copy edit of content for grammar, redaction, style, and accuracy of data, performs English-Spanish/Spanish-English translation of content, data analysis, and operate all associated social media content. The content will be culturally appropriate and compelling and include text, video, audio graphics and digital images as appropriate.
• 5+ years of experience in journalism, news writing and editing, familiar with AP Style, experience in covering Latin America
• Must be proficient in English/Spanish: reading comprehension, written translation, speaking and listening. *Will be required to pass Speaking and Listening and Reading Comprehension testing with an ILR3 or higher.
• Strong analytic and communications skills
• Experience with Adobe products, online publication, Social Media publication, SEO, Word Press, and MS Office Suite
• Bachelor Degree in Journalism/Communication or at least 3+ years of work experience in journalism or English
• Prior journalistic experience in print or digital forums
• Experience with MISO/IO preferred
• Site Manager
• Off-Site, Remote
Leonie offers you the opportunity to join an innovative, well respected organization and collaborate with industry experts and exceptional individuals. We provide a competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply online via our website at http://www.leoniegroup.com/careers . Please provide a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations as you create your Leonie profile.