We are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer for one of our clients. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, coordination, and execution of the migration of the programs existing infrastructure and software systems to an AWS cloud environment. The Candidate will support the analysis of the existing architecture, work across program teams to identify potential architectural changes, develop the plan for system migration to the cloud, and manage the transition according to that plan. This position requires a strong communicator and collaborator with a team oriented attitude.
• An understanding of systems engineering processes; such as identification and definition of desired system capabilities, requirements identification/derivation, system-of-systems definition, integration practices and methods, and fielding of new capabilities
• Experience with trade study / product evaluation
• Architecture and design of AWS and/or other Cloud solutions
• Well versed in building product-quality software on AWS including experience in designing for high availability, building multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across data layer technologies.
• Configuration and deployment experience with AWS IaaS Technologies such as EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53 and with AWS apps technologies.
• Firm grasp on cloud security, leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface).
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and verbal/written communications skills enabling him/her to work effectively across the program, and to accurately represent engineering perspectives to program management and government representatives.
• Comp TIA Security+ or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Certified information Systems Professional (CISSP)