Perform as a systems software engineer on a large agile team transitioning a mission-critical product from a Windows baseline to a Linux baseline. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently on complex tasks, both design and implementation, design software architectures for distributed systems, introduce new patterns, practices, techniques, or other contributions to a development team with a focus on increasing team productivity, develop asynchronous, distributed systems in a modern software development stack and work with and mentor junior team members.
- Required: Shall have twelve (12) years experience in system engineering. Seven (7) years experience shall have occurred within the past ten (10) years.
- Required: Shall have two (2) years experience in the cleared environment.
- Desired: Experience in developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations.
- Desired: Five (5) years experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Desired - Five (5) years experience integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
Required - Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/nontechnical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Desired - Seven (7) years experience leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule, four (4) years of which shall have been on NSA projects.
- Desired - Five (5) years experience with systems architectures in a service oriented environment with a preference of three (3) years experience in an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) environment.
- Desired - Five (5) years experience using agile and/or spiral development models.
- Desired - Five (5) years experience in developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functions requirements within a CMMI Level 2 structure.
- Desired - Five (5) years experience in developing systems performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirement for mid-to-large scale programs.
- Desired - Five (5) years experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Desired - Five (5) years experience developing solutions that integrate and extend COTS products.
- Desired - Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
- Desired - Experience implementing storage area networks, data warehouses and data marts.
- Desired - Experience designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
- Desired - Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, backup, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage within clustered or cloud environments
- Desired - Experience evaluating project needs, determining tasks and durations and allocating resources.
- Desired - Experience implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Desired - Five (5) years experience developing solutions certified and accredited at a Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/3 PL3 plus Annex E with Integrity Level of Concern (ILOC) Medium and Availability Level of Concern (ALOC) Medium.
- Desired - Experience optimizing distributed, high throughput text and multimedia storage systems; sustainment, modernization and migration of legacy storage systems to modern storage systems; e.g., Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) solutions; semantically-enriched storage solutions implementing data labeling/data-tagging, Questions focused Datasets; Cloud computing, Target Knowledge Bases, Enterprise Knowledge Bases; data mining analytics.
- Desired - Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google’s BIG TABLE.
- Highly Desired - Experience developing software in a microservices architecture
- Highly Desired - Experience developing software using multiple messaging strategies including asynchronous, request/response, streaming.
- Highly Desired - Experience using container technology and IT orchestration.
- Highly Desired - Experience implementing distributed system patterns such as data sharding, caching, load balancing, and service discovery.
- Highly Desired - Experience developing in an eventually consistent data model.
- Highly Desired - Experience with Spring, Docker (or equivalent).
- Highly Desired - Experience with Elasticsearch or equivalent NoSQL technologies.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience. A Master's Degree in a technical field will be considered equivalent to six (6) years experience.
NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.
LORO is a Woman-owned, Veteran-owned small business supporting initiatives for the DoD, IC, and State of Maryland. LORO offers a robust employer-funded benefits package and various employment options including full-time, part-time, and consulting. To learn more, visit our website at www.loroholdings.com.