Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) seeks a systems engineer who will be responsible for leading the development, test and deployment of new products and systems in the area of wireless communications signal processing. This engineer will work closely with customers, senior leadership within RAST, other systems engineers and development engineers to understand customer objectives and requirements, and develop solutions from the conceptual stage through delivery and field deployment.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Rapidly come up to speed on existing products, systems and capabilities that relate to areas of new development
• Understand customer objectives and requirements, and conceptualize and put into practice new solutions
• Brief those solutions to the customer community as the customer concepts evolve into firmer requirements and expectations
• Lead proposal preparation and program definition
• Generate concrete plans for loosely defined and/or highly complex challenges to enable engineering teams to execute and deliver solutions accordingly
• Lead teams of engineers to develop and integrate components to form new solutions
• Maintain customer focus throughout the systems/product development lifecycle to ensure satisfaction of customer objectives within cost and schedule constraints
• Mentor less experienced and/or less knowledgeable engineers
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in systems engineering and product development in the area of wireless communications intelligence or a closely related field
• Minimum of 3 years of experience leading cross-discipline engineering teams to develop, and deploy software intensive wireless communications systems and/or products
• Experience in wireless communications signal processing including 2 or more of the following areas: modulation and demodulation, direction finding (DF) and 2G, 3G and 4G wireless standards/protocols (e.g. GSM, GPRS, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE)
• Familiarity with antennas, propagation and receivers
• Experience with algorithm development and implementation of geolocation techniques, and demonstrated knowledge of associated error sources
• Experience in development of communications systems architectures
• Experience in development and implementation of signal processing algorithms for hardware platforms
• Experience in all phases of systems/product development lifecycle
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Strong presentation and collaboration skills, especially in working with senior leadership, and external customers
• Active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
• MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 8+ years of experience working with the intelligence community
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in wireless communications signal processing including the following areas: antennas, propagation, receivers, modulation and demodulation, DF, geolocation and 2G, 3G and 4G wireless standards/protocols (e.g. GSM, GPRS, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE)
• Experience writing proposals and ROMs
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
• BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
•Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
•Where talented people can make an impact.
•Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.