Job Description: The Remote Sensing (RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Modeling and Mission Analysis Lead to develop space-based OPIR and weather mission-level capabilities and architectures in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). This individual must have experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems, particularly with remote sensing systems and System Mission Analysis, as well as engagement with user communities in performing analyses. Candidate should have experience with space and ground systems (especially at SMC), system acquisition, and systems engineering lifecycle. Major duties of the position include:
• Performing capability assessments, requirements development, trade studies, gap analysis, maturity (TRL) assessments, risk assessments, coverage analysis, and other mission-level assessments.
• Engaging user communities.
• Developing RS Enterprise-level mission architectures that address evolving technologies and capabilities, and respond to DoD and user needs.
• Performing mission-level capabilities and performance analyses
• Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
• Interacting with Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) and SMC stakeholders to identify potential future implementations and constraints.
• Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering.
• 20+ years of system and mission development experience. Prefer experience that spans the entire systems engineering lifecycle.
• Strong understanding of mission analysis techniques and tools.
• Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment.
• Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with Space systems (especially at SMC), Weather systems, OPIR systems, and ground and space system acquisition.
• Possesses understanding of Sparx Enterprise Architect capabilities and potential implementations.
• Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
• Advanced Degree in Math, Science or Engineering is preferred.
• Weather and/or SBIRS-specific experience highly desirable.
About GreenDart Incorporated:
GreenDart Inc. is a high-tech aerospace small business that provides advanced risk reduction technologies to critical systems development. We are a collection of award-winning expects in the area of Test and Evaluation, Verification and Validation, Modeling and Simulation and general engineering services. Our customers but the most advanced technologies that lead their industries in defense and security.
As a small business you will work at arms-length with the CEO and president of GreenDart- giving you unique access to shaping the company as we grow. Come join our team!