General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for reporting certification results to senior program managers and customer representatives.
· Leads and manages a multi-discipline engineering team consisting of propulsion, structural, avionics, and manufacturing/quality engineers, Launch Site engineers, risk managers, data managers and Logistics personnel
· Assist the Air Force customer create briefing packages suitable for senior AF leadership.
· Manages team interfaces with the government customer, FFRDC, and launch vehicle provider and their contractors. Additional interfacing with other government partners, e.g., NASA, NRO/OSL, and 30th and 45th SW.
· Participate in system and major sub-system design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, SVR), test and manufacturing readiness reviews; develop and present reports summarizing assessments and results. Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews; Requests for Information and Review Item Discrepancies. Coordinate approval of reports and generate system-level risks from these design reviews.
· Participate in technical Working Groups and Technical Interchange Meetings. Coordinate team members to establish meeting agendas and publish meeting minutes.
· Coordinate, plan, and support in Chief Engineer Review Boards (ChERB) or other technical reviews as required.
· Applying knowledge of item design, qualification test results, and manufacturing, to evaluate the suitability and risk and provide recommendations to the government customer.
· Consolidate and coordinate reports, data products, and notes from multiple team members into a single formal report on a routine basis.
· Review the process changes to determine impact to process stability
· Interface with multiple team and government organizations - coordinate multi-agency reports and studies to apply to current Air Force efforts.
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Technology or Math) or equivalent, and twelve to fifteen years of related (engineering and management) experience or Master’s degree and ten to twelve years of related experience and management experience.
• 10 years’ leadership/program management experience with BS (Engineering, Physics, or Math); MS (Engineering, Physics, or Math) preferred • A strong background in launch vehicle concepts is highly desired. • Experience with Air Force leadership in a Program Office environment. • Experience working with the Space and Missile Center (SMC) • Master's degree in Systems Engineering or related field preferred
Equivalent Experience/Education Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
12-15 years w/Bachelors Degree 09-12 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.