Vulcan Manufacturing Engineer - Structures, Composites and Metallics
USA ALABAMA Huntsville
Clearance Level Needed
Engineering & Support Services
Job Duties and Responsibilities
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives
· Interference with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors and team members
· Work with a launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities
· Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer. Reviews completed team products for completeness and acceptance.
· Compile and present weekly status charts of team to AF leadership.
· Complete perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for Enginereing Review Bourds and design reviews
· Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
· Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
· Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
· Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
· Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
· Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
· Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
· Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, vendor/supplier control requirements.
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and ten to fifteen years of related experience.
• Bachelors Degree in science, engineering & 10-15 years of experience involving manufacture of complex products; application of manufacturing principles and methods including: product design, process design, product ability, process qualifications/validation, product design requirements flow down to manufacturing process requirements/documentation, product and process controls, measurement and test, product/process audits, statistical applications, configuration management, and lean manufacturing. • Experience with space-qualified parts fabrication and assembly Experience with manufacturing-based ERP systems • Experience with friction stir, EB, TIG, MIG, and braze welding; metal roll-forming and spin-forming; heat treating; machining; fastener installation; composite lay-up, cure, bonding, and structural testing; NDT testing; dye penetrant, x-ray, ultrasonic, and shearography. • A strong background in launch or satellite systems manufacturing is highly desired. • Master's Degree desirable
Equivalent Experience/Education Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree 07-09 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.