Vencore provides pre- and post-acquisition support for system development, including System and Solution Architecture; collecting mission needs, developing technical requirements, integration and project management throughout the development cycle, independent verification and validation, transition to operations, end-to-end requirements management and configuration management. This contract supports an Intelligence Community organization which is responsible for providing mission-specific applications in the fight against terrorism.
The System Engineer performs technical planning, system requirements definition, system integration, verification and validation of requirements for technical designs, while also perform cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems (to include web applications and software applications). The Systems Engineer will support the Customer CTO to identify, validate, and recommend new technology for inclusion into the Customer Target Architecture. The Customer seeks new technology from the state of the art industry and/or government products and services that will benefit the Customer mission. The Technology Insertion effort will look at technologies ranging from vendors and governments to academia. The System Engineer defines specifications that incorporate software, hardware, network and data requirements, technologies and analyzes and defines user requirements, procedures and problems. The System Engineer develops solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal. The System Engineer ensures system designs are compatible with the architecture. The System Engineer identifies and evaluates the relevancy of COTS and GOTS to satisfy user, mission, and system needs. The System Engineer manages user and mission requirements ensuring accurate documentation, thorough evaluation and complete traceability from inception through closures.
1. Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that incorporates technical, schedule, and cost constraints
2. Perform functional analysis, time-line analysis, trade studies, requirements allocations and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications and supporting manual operations
3. Consult with management to ensure agreement on requirements and resulting acquisition activities
4. Expand or modify systems to serve new purpose or improve mission operations
5. Analyze and study complex system requirement and/or solutions
6. Perform life-cycle system planning, and business information planning
7. Provide technical guidance in hardware and software engineering technique and automated support tools
8. Analyze functional business applications and design specification for requirements satisfaction
9. Apply activity and data modeling, transaction work flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis, business method and performance measurement techniques
Bachelor of Science or higher degree in an engineering or technical discipline
10 years or more of systems engineering experience
Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Understanding of IC ITE services
Experience with analytic tools and services
Experience with technology insertion identification, assessment, and evaluation of selected technology
Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) and Trade Studies - understand Customer requirements, identify candidates to be evaluated and recommended to the Customer
Good briefing skills to enable presentations to the Customer's Governance Boards
Able to work with Senior level Customers
Experience with PMI PMP
Experience with INCOSE, Systems Engineering Lifecycle
Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) Experience
Hadoop/No-SQL or related Big Data Experience
Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud experience
Experience with the Systems Engineering Lifecycle
Experience with Web Applications
Experience with Big Data
Experience with Software Development
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 4,000 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled