Essential Job Functions
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
• Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
• Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
• Ensures software standards are met.
• Plan, design, and develop software to meet requirements and/or user stories
• Integrate software components into complex systems and drive software reuse
• Test, integrate, and deploy software
• Work with users and user experience engineers throughout the software development lifecycle
• TS/SCI clearance required
• BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
• Candidates must be proficient in object and service-oriented software development, have a proven record of successful technical implementation, and have a proven record of disciplined development.
• Candidates must be driven and willing to expand his or her skills and be creative and inventive enough to implement new techniques for greater efficiency and performance.
• The software engineer must demonstrate a high degree of problem solving ability and be able to communicate effectively.
• Experience developing software to solve mission\business needs
• Working knowledge of agile software methodology, software development lifecycle, software test, version control, and build.
• Working knowledge of implementing databases, modern web development stacks, or a voracious thirst for knowledge
• Rails, or MEAN
• Hadoop/MapReduce, MongoDB, Accumulo, PostGreSQL
• Python, Spark
• Experience developing mobile applications (iOS, Android) or platforms such as MobileIron
• Git, Maven, Ant, Jenkins