The job of the Systems Administrator is to apply network / systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software, or network / system functional specifications, and design, develop, test and modify computer systems and programs based on user or design specifications. Many of the systems are unique, one of a kind, custom built prototypes that are continually changing and evolving to meet mission needs. The Systems administrator will provide support in a Top Secret Special Compartment Information (TS/SCI) classified environment which is technically complex, has little government provided documentation and limited OEM documentation.
24/7 coverage - must be able to work any shift.
• Administration and maintenance support for systems, end user devices and applications to include FalconView, Google Earth, MAAS, Info Path, MiRC and standard Microsoft Office applications.
• Minimal server and database archive support will also be required.
• Update and monitor application performance and provide data management for devices including, but not limited to, end user devices, servers, and database archives.
• Support additional systems including, but not limited to, NIPRnet, SIPRnet, and internal voice systems.
• Exercise good analytic and problem solving skills when restoring outages and connectivity issues and do so under extremely tight time constraints.
• Ability to add a new part or capability to an existing design or system. Work oftentimes involves improving a capability or parts performance through changes in technology or improved versions of the part or equipment.
• Assist with determining technical solutions for presentation to the government customer.
• Troubleshoot quickly and exercise work independently.
• Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 3+ years' experience. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience with exploitation tools such as Google Earth, AIMs, or Multi-Int Analysis and Archive System (MAAS).
• Military C4ISR (Command, Control, Computers, Communication, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) experience desired.
• Experience with both Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 administration.
• Excellent communication skills in team environments as well as on individual projects are mandatory.
• Must possess the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to end users and management.
• Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple priorities along with a strong work ethic required.
• Must have CompTIA Security+ certification.
• US Air Force (or other military) experience in a computer-related discipline.
• Experience with SCCM desktop management suite.
• Experience with virtual desktop brokers, such as VMWare View or Citrix XenDesktop.
• Experience with SecureView, XenDesktop, XenApp, Netscaler and NetApp.
• Certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, NetApp, and ITIL v3.
• Experience deploying production virtual environments (e.g. thin clients).
• Experience with Windows software packaging and deployment automation.
• Operational experience with UAV's, specifically Predator or Reaper.
• Prior military or civilian DOD experience with Air Operations.
Summit is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Summit gives candidate preference to employees that reside in HUB Zones.
Compensation Comments: Full benefits package, salary commensurate with experience.
Referral Bonus Comments: Personal referrals are a great source of qualified candidates! If your referral is hired for a position currently open with Summit Technologies you will be eligible to receive up to $2,000 as a referral reward!