Rigid Tactical is seeking Senior Operational Specialists/Training Subject Matter Experts to provide direct support to the Army, Marine and other US Joint Forces to serve as members of a multi-discipline team performing tasks directly related to the Global War on Terrorism, focused on countering Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
These positions are part time on call positions and best suited for broadly-gauged experts who have extensive experience in all areas and levels of counterinsurgency operations – from patrol to Division level.
Personnel in these positions perform missions in various remote locations, including high threat environments such as Iraq and Afghanistan.
Experience and Education:
Recent in-theater experience ( Post 9/11) with a combat arms unit is required. Multiple tours at various operational levels that including a mix of direct combat, operational planning, training development and Ops-Intel fusion is preferred.
Applicants must have a minimum of 10 years experience in Combat Arms and a minimum of two (2) years experience deployed to either Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom or Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Time deployed to either location as a member of the military (vice contractor) is preferred.
Successful applicants will have direct counterinsurgency operational experience in positions from team member through SF BN/Group (SOF) or Company through Division/MEF level (Conventional).
Applicants must demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Applicants must demonstrate skill in performing multi-faceted projects with a diverse workforce in terms of age, gender and ethnicity.
Applicants must be capable of performing missions in a small unit accompanying US and Coalition forces into high-threat environments worldwide.
Applicants must be fully deployable to the required theater of operations, wear uniforms as prescribed by the supported unit commander, and bear arms as prescribed by the supported unit commander.
Must possess a current DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
• Travel: 30% OCONUS
• Be deployable to the required theater of operations.
• Wear uniforms as prescribed by the supported unit commander.
• Bear arms as prescribed by the supported unit commander.
• Bachelor of Science or Arts degree from an accredited college or university (desired)
• At least ten years (10) experience in increasingly responsible positions in one or more military, academic or defense industry functional areas
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Possess experience at tactical formations – Brigade and above. Multiple combat, combat support and combat service support disciplines may be required or equivalent academic or defense industry functional areas.
• Identify counter-IED capability gaps and provide recommendations on potential solutions.
• Integrate emerging counter-IED technologies into current tactics, techniques and procedures and disseminate new TTPs as required.
• Interface with Combatant Commands, joint organizations, and OGAs on actions related to Joint IED Defeat initiatives.
• Assist in identification, training, and integration of IED Defeat countermeasure technologies.
• Provide updates as required to JIDA OPS to ensure relevance of the JIDA strategy and the joint counter-IED Common Operating Picture.
• Provide support for the execution of JIDA strategic actions supporting the integration of multiple Joint IED Defeat solutions throughout DoD.
• Provide Operations Records Management capabilities.
• Assist in the analysis of COCOM Requests for Forces and approved deployment orders with respect to COCOM counter-IED support requirements using available Service automation systems.
Do NOT apply for this position if you do NOT have the following qualifications*** This is a VERY competitive position that is selective and even TOP candidates with all the qualifications get turned down based upon requirements and the interview process
Contact Rigid Tactical at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Headquartered in Norfolk, VA. Rigid Tactical provides a full spectrum of professional services to its defense, federal, international, and commercial customers worldwide. It specializes in training, intelligence and operational support services and solutions for the Mission Support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter proliferation and counterterrorism markets.
Rigid Tactical is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.