Scrum Master (TS/SCI)
TekStream Solutions is seeking a Scrum Master who is a very strong facilitator with excellent planning and organizational skills in a software development environment for our client in Reston, VA. This position will be a critical role on a new five year contract, supporting various systems across project teams. The Scrum Master will lead scrum teams utilizing Agile/Scrum methodology, working closely with the development team and product owners (may be government and contractor staff/leadership), to essentially create sprint plans, backlogs and to manage prioritization and work assignment using user stories, epics, etc.
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance Required (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
• Leads scrum/agile sprints with multiple software development teams, each of which are supporting document and media exploitation for the rapid collection, processing, dissemination, and sharing of data.
• Leads daily stand-ups, drives team to overcome project impediments, provides the teams with visibility to sprint and/or release progress towards deliverables (using burn-down charts, dashboards, velocity reporting)
• Active TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
• HS and 12+ yrs relevant experience; OR Associate's and 10+ yrs relevant exp; OR Bachelor's and 8+ yrs relevant experience; OR Master's and 6+ yrs of relevant exp; OR PhD and 4+ yrs of relevant exp
• Experience with Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
• Certified Agile Scrum Master (SAFE preferred)
• Experienced leading SCRUM and managing Agile Projects/Programs
• Experience with Atlassian JIRA, and/or Confluence
• Solid tech requirements gathering and documentation skills
• Can communicate well with non-technical and technical team members (government and contractor staff, engineers, etc)
• Demonstrated experience in iterative methodologies (Agile/Scrum)- leading Scrum meetings, develop Sprints, Product Backlogs, Burn Down Charts, and/or Develop User Stories
• Strong technical writing and presentation skills In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle for implementing enterprise level systems
• Understanding of the role of software development tools and processes such as version control, defect and issue trackers, build processes, team collaboration tools
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
If this position feels right for you, click the Apply button below!
TekStream Solutions is a Consulting Services Organization with Recruiting, Delivery, and Managed Services expertise in the IT Federal Space. We partner with key suppliers of the federal government. TekStream offers information technology and engineering professionals the opportunity to work with award-winning agencies, supporting a wide array of government sectors.