Cyber Strategic Planner/SME (TS/SCI)
TekStream Solutions is seeking a Cyber Strategic Planner/SME who wants to participate in an exciting mission supporting USARCYBER on a daily basis in Springfield, VA. This position will apply senior functional experience and knowledge in intelligence-focused Joint and Army cyberspace exercise planning, cyberspace operational planning (JOPP, MDMP) and execution to develop innovative solutions to issues and problems facing Army Cyber Command & Second Army and the rest of the Army and Joint cyberspace operations enterprises.
This program is focused on providing expertise, research, and analysis to meet current cyberspace needs while enabling Army Cyber Command/2nd Army to establish a new and effective operating structure for addressing future cyberspace challenges. As the Cyber Strategic Planner/SME, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the US Army’s cybersecurity capabilities today and into the future.
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance Required (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
• Provide thought leadership and creative insights to assist with the development of the Army cyber enterprise (Army Cyber Command, Second Army, NETCOM, INSCOM, CIO/G6, HQDA Staff) and the Joint cyberspace operations enterprise (USCYBERCOM, USSTRATCOM, Geographic and Functional Combatant Commands, AFCYBER, MARFORCYBER, FLEETCYBER, etc.)
• Conduct research and analysis on a variety of issues, develop position papers and briefings on the results of analysis/planning, and present findings to senior Army military and civilian leaders. Author/co-author, review and/or comment on draft cyberspace orders, directives, instructions, and other guidance
• Develop concepts of operations (CONOPS), concept plans, operations orders, operations plans, fragmentary orders, execution orders, exercise directives, MDMP/JOPP planning products, standard operating procedures, implementation plans, requirements definition and analysis, cyberspace operations tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), assessments and other exercise or planning-related products as requested
• Brief and advise senior military and civilian clients (up to 3-4 star General Officers) while working in a team-oriented (Joint Planning Groups, Operational Planning Teams), highly dynamic environment and applying excellent analytical, oral communication, and presentation skills
• Active TS/SCI Clearance (polygraph preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Hands on experience executing Joint and Army strategic, operational and exercise planning using the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP) and Joint Operations Planning Process (JOPP). Demonstrates knowledge of Army Cyber Enterprise (Army Cyber Command & Second Army, NETCOM, CIO/G6, INSCOM, HQDA Staff, etc) and DOD Cyberspace Operations stakeholders (e.g. USSTRATCOM, USCYBERCOM, NSA, Geographic and Functional Combatant Commands, etc.)
• Demonstrates knowledge and experience of current cyberspace operations tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) as well as emerging Joint and Army cyberspace doctrine
• Demonstrated knowledge of Army and Joint intelligence planning, operations, activities, functions, tools/applications/systems/networks.
• Demonstrates strong client interfacing skills to include good communication and organizational skills
• Prefer working knowledge of USSTRATCOM, US Cyberspace Command (USCYBERCOM), HQDA and Joint Staff (JS) staff processes and procedures; experience with coordinating cyberspace operations with other Army, DoD, and National Agencies
• Prefer knowledge of cyberspace and intelligence operations-related governing US Code statutes such as Title 6, Title 10, Title 18, Title 32, Title 40, Title 44, and Title 50
• Prefer candidate has completed the Basic Computer Network Operations Planners Course (BCNOPC) or Army Cyber Operations Planner Course (ACOPC)
• Ideal candidate will have Security+, and/or CISSP, and/or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification (not required)
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
If this position feels right for you, click the Apply button below!
TekStream Solutions is a Consulting Services Organization with Recruiting, Delivery, and Managed Services expertise in the IT Federal Space. We partner with key suppliers of the federal government. TekStream offers information technology and engineering professionals the opportunity to work with award-winning agencies, supporting a wide array of government sectors.