We are seeking highly qualified Senior Instructor/Advisors to support intelligence information support systems training, analytical/functional skills training to USAFRICOM Partner Nations, mentoring and reporting/assessment of Partner Nation progress, to include program management, curriculum development, training, training management, training materials, and post training evaluation. Must have TS/SCI Clearance; must be fluent in French.
Essential Job Duties
The successful candidate will provide technical project planning and management support for this endeavor. This shall include financial planning and milestones for tracking program requirements and associated performance. This will also include the organization, finalization and distribution of monthly status reports, performance reports, lessons learned, curriculum updates, any pertinent meeting minutes and any action items that are originated.
The candidate will also proving training to the forces. Performs one or more of the following or related tasks: 1) Works closely with the forces to provide tailored information to enhance unit effectiveness. 2) Provides sophisticated military skills and knowledge in combination with other technical skills to ensure that optimized war and contingency plans are developed. 3) Develops training plans and/or trains US forces in one or more functional areas, or in general combat skills. 4) Evaluates trainees and training plans to ensure training objectives are met.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Makes training recommendations to the commanders, management and staff allowing them to maximize training dollars, personnel, training aids and overall resources
• Coordinates internal project management, schedule training and preparation of training materials, documenting training topics and course attendance
• Review optimized war and contingency training plans to ensure contingency and standard operations support considerations are included in the planning process
• Gives training related indications and warnings to management in an effort to avoid training shortfalls and assures ready state of forces
• Prepares briefings for inclusion into training summaries
• Creates current and long-term training projections and requirements for use by military operations planners
• Creates training curriculums which are tailored specifically to needs of organization
• BA/BS in political science, strategic studies, history, cultural studies, or African studies.
• 20 years’ experience in military training
• Strong working knowledge of project management techniques
• Must possess strong working knowledge of all Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
• Able to travel for extended period to countries with limited medical facilities and/or care
• Able to fluently read/write/speak French
• Desired Qualities
• Instructors that have either a minimum of 4-years platform experience, plus instructor certification, from a military schoolhouse or academic institution, or have successfully completed a commercial instructor skills development course are highly desired
• Desired 10 years' military intelligence experience, other intelligence experience may be considered
• Expected to spend up to 75% of their time each year TDY, potential in austere conditions