IMT seeks a flexible, well-rounded, quick-learning engineer for software projects in military satellite communications. We are a small team with several projects, requiring diverse skills and knowledge. The position is located at the IMT Headquarters in Fairfax, VA.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Write code that is clean, readable, efficient, and testable
• Read, refactor, and integrate with code written by others
• Define and implement clear interfaces between components of a system
• Communicate with customers in occasional meetings and reports
• Consult with customers to evaluate, test, and integrate with vendor written software
Technical Knowledge: Tools and languages required vary between projects and over time; however, experience with some of the following is helpful:
• Java and the Java web development ecosystem
• Web development, particularly with the Google Web Toolkit
• Sockets / network programming
• Algorithms for distributed systems
• Version control systems, particularly Git
• Build automation and continuous integration
• High proficiency with object-oriented concepts, design and programming
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent; additional work experience a plus. Considering applicants for junior or mid-level positions depending on experience.
Strong written and oral English; ability to clearly document code.
IMT’s very competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, 401K, paid time off, disability coverage, 10 paid holidays, company paid life insurance.
IMT Corporation is a small business which provides a fulfilling work environment fostering the opportunity for team and personal success. Becoming a key member of IMT positions you to impact a critical global mission and positively influence the direction of the company.
IMT is a premier service provider for Information Management Solutions for complex, mission-critical needs. Since 2006, IMT has evolved into a leading provider of Information Management system engineering, software development, information assurance, system sustainment and is the lead provider of technical support for the Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) enterprise. IBS is the worldwide Department of Defense (DoD) standard network for transmitting tactical and strategic intelligence and targeting data to all levels of Joint Service operational users. IMT has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer in complex information management solutions. Headquartered in Fairfax, VA IMT employs professionals in offices located throughout the United States and around the world.
For more information about our company, visit: www.imtechcorp.com
IMT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.