Information Security Analyst (A&A Support) - TS/SCI - Hawaii
Job Locations USA-HI-Pearl Harbor
Number of Positions
Security Clearance Level
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2-5 years of related experience in data security administration.
1. Possess working knowledge of Assessment and Authorization practices within DoDI8510.01, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253, and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process including various security tools (ACAS, HBSS, etc). 2. Knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques 3. Familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures 4. Understanding of DHS/DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies
5. Requires understanding of firewall theory and configuration.
6. Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent 7. Desired Computer Environment Certification: CCNA-Security, CASP CE, CEH, CISSP, or equivalent
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a TS/SCI Clearance. - Must be able to achieve ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire. - Additional specific certifications may be required. - This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.