Senior Operations Engineer - TS/SCI with Full Poly
New Light Technologies is seeking to fill an Operations Engineer position and looking for a candidate interested in applying System Engineering, Test Engineering and System Administration skills in an operational environment.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have a strong technical foundation with skills such as scripting and working to get tools from production into operation using systems engineering skills.
* Develop innovative solutions and coordinate those solutions between members of the technical and operational staff at a classified government site and end-users in the field.
* Work closely with customers, operational staff, and development staff to solve operational problems in an operational environment.
* Maintain current knowledge of engineering practices and technical solutions
* Create requirements documentation and program schedules.
* Develop and execute formal verification and validation activities
* Evaluate, recommend, and implement automated test tools and strategies
* Write, implement and report status for system test cases for testing
* Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
* Take direction from senior technical leadership and or Project Manager on project specifications
* Setup, configure and maintain various LINUX and/or Windows VMs to support development, test, integration, and operational software threads
* Coordinate, direct and perform complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
* Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
* AA/AS in Computer Science or related discipline plus 10-15 years of experience or an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely-related field plus 8-15 years of experience, or demonstrates knowledge or requirements of the position
* Three or more years’ experience working as a systems or test engineer or equivalent experience within the Intelligence Community
* At least three years’ experience working with computer and computer network hardware, software, and peripheral equipment
* Comfortable working in an Information Technology Environment focused on the Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination of Geospatial information
* Working knowledge of a wide range of open source geospatial tools
* Experience collecting and analyzing imagery data
* Working knowledge of scripting/programming
* Ability to work independently and as a member of an operations team and managing to schedule
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Knowledge of system analysis methodologies
* Capability to creatively solve complex requirements needs
* Familiarity with open source software and OGC standards
* Intelligence Community technologies and geospatial processing skills