Come be part of a team with award-winning products, solutions, and services powering enterprise software for hundreds of clients across four continents and twenty countries. Our teams’ software and services support mission critical Enterprise Content Management Software, Solutions, Services, and Analytical Software Solutions. Every day, thousands of users at our prestigious military, federal, and Fortune 100 customers depend on Orbis software and solutions. When other partners miss the mark, Orbis gets the job done.
Our employees are our strength. We support the growth and development of each and every team member and offer a very generous benefits package, including free Medical plans, Tuition Assistance, 401(k) matching, and more!
This position will support the development of semantic based enterprise content management solutions for our commercial and government clients. The candidate should possess strong leadership and technical skills to report the status of the project to the customer and to company management.
• Must have U.S. citizenship
• Secret level clearance or ability to obtain one
• Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline
• 10+ years of software development experience to include:
• Strong proficiency in Java, Linux and/or Unix
• Experience designing, developing and delivering software application, to include preparation of architecture design artifacts, sequence diagrams, and dataflow diagrams.
• Experience developing Web Services, programming with object oriented and/or declarative languages and working with XML technologies (XSL, XQuery, XPath, etc.)
• Experience using modern software configuration management tools in an automated build environment (e.g. Artifactory, Git, etc.)
• Agile development experience
• Provide leadership and mentoring to junior staff
• Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate complex issues with technical peers and non-technical clients.
• Work directly with clients and senior level management to develop requirements, technical direction, system development, improvements, optimization, or project support efforts
• Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals and strategic planning
• Provide technical assessment and writeups for proposals
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Exposure to semantic technologies, Semantic Web (Web 3.0) concepts and technologies; strong working knowledge of Resource Description Framework (RDF), Web Ontology Language (OWL), and/or similar standards
• Experience with Natural Language Processing software
• Experience with XQuery and/or MarkLogic or another noSQL database
• Experience with UML
• ComptTIA Security+ Certified. You will be required to obtain this certification. Orbis will provide you the study guide and reimburse you for the examination fee.
The ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, with demonstrated initiative to work alone or as part of a team. The ideal candidate has a strong interest mentoring younger developers and working in a fast-paced development environment. The position presents a uniquely exciting opportunity to apply cutting-edge semantic techniques to significantly impact real-world problems in important commercial and possibly government domains.
• 30 days flexible PTO including 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, 10 holidays with 2 being floating holidays.
• Plus, 1-week additional time off awarded for life events such as adoption, childbirth, and marriage.
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401(k) with 100% match with immediate vesting up to 4% of contributions
• Free health insurance
• Free dental
• Free vision
• Free life insurance equal to twice your salary
• Free short-term and long-term disability insurance
Orbis Technologies, Inc. employs and promotes a highly talented and diverse workforce and environment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or any other protected class.
**3rd Party Recruiters - Please do not contact - There is no interest in using your services for this position.**
Please enter your email address to continue
I agree to the privacy statement (In order to create your account and go to the next step, you must agree to the privacy statement.)
Innovative software development for more than a decade
For over a decade Orbis Technologies, Inc. has been a leader in building and deploying mission critical content and information management solutions. Beginning as a DoD software solution provider in 2006, Orbis continues to expand market presence to Fortune 500 businesses, Federal agencies, and global publishers and media companies. Our disciplined approach to software solutions and product development has afforded us the opportunity to work with premier clients around the world. We firmly believe in structured software solution development methodologies and hold ourselves to the highest standards to deliver quality products, services, and solutions that fully meet or exceed our customer requirements.
In March 2017 Orbis Technologies, Inc. and RSI Content Solutions formally announced a merger to create a semantic content management solution company to better serve our government and commercial clients. The merger creates a company with five offices and hundreds of clients on four continents around the globe. Our combined workforces bring together a seasoned group of software engineers and architects that believe in providing exceptional solutions development by doing all of the little things better than our competition. By focusing on the details, we make our customers successful.