Strategic Professional Resources, Inc. (SPR) is seeking a highly qualified Engineer to support the ISPAN GAP-CIE Program. Incumbent will apply expert subject matter knowledge to high-level analysis, assessment, modeling, design, development, testing, documentation, and transition of application features from a legacy monolith application to an API based microservices ecosystem. Contribute knowledge and experience at Agile ceremonies to help define and refine the product backlog. Participate in sprint and release planning. Apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific task order requirements.
Additional duties include:
- Collaboration with developers, liaisons, and users via Atlassian Suite, DI2E, Slack, and other tools
- Support automation of complex systems integration activities and provide recommendations
- Ensure compliance with security standards
- Identify operational, technical, and architectural impacts to the enterprise as a result of changes
- Support certification, maintenance, and testing of software applications
- Perform technical evaluations of design and development specifications of software applications, systems, and other engineering artifacts
- Assess processes, products, contractor-developed solutions, Remedy Change Requests, or other items, and provide recommendations as requested
- Provide systems engineering support, whitepapers, prototypes, models, simulations, or other products as requested
Successful performance in this position requires in-depth knowledge of COTS/GOTS/FOSS infrastructure (automation/configuration/performance/troubleshooting) including:
- Ansible, Git
- Container images and container management including creation, orchestration, security, log aggregation, health monitoring, and integration of supporting services
- VMware provisioning, cloning, templating, and network configuration
- Oracle WebLogic, Database, Identity Manager (OIM), Access Manager (OAM), Internet Directory (OID), and Service Bus (OSB)
- RHEL6 & RHEL7 networking, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Cybersecurity processes (POAMS/STIG/IATT/ATO)
Desired Education: Master’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related technical area. IAT Level II certification desirable
Desired Experience: 5-10 years which demonstrates the knowledge of and experience with the technologies mentioned above. Experience should demonstrate the ability to perform the design and integration of hardware and software systems.
SPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected factor.