Client: Department of Defense (DoD)/Joint Service Provider (JSP)
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the
equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
Overview: The DevOps Engineer performs a hybrid technical role that comprises development and
operations. The Engineer must be proficient in coding (infrastructure as code), platforms,
process re-engineering and collaborating with multiple groups.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a DevOps role
• Documentation skills to include creating and updating detailed environment design, installation, and
• Advance knowledge with VMware and HyperV virtualization technologies.
• Experience with relational and conventional database technology (MySQL, SQLserver).
• Strong operating systems scripting skills. (Bash, PowerShell, Python, Perl)
• Experience in automating system and application builds (puppet, chef, salt)
• Providing system engineering support to developers/programmers during code development life cycle
• Advance level experience working with web service based api’s (REST, SOAP)
• Experience in configuring middleware software including Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, etc
• Experience with web-based deployments including SSL and certificates, load balancing and horizontal
• Advance level knowledge of cloud and Dev/Ops domains
• Provide Infrastructure conceptual design & assist developers with application development and
implementation of new cloud products and services
• OS & Application Customer Image design and development for our cloud infrastructure
• Produce build and implementation automation for configuration of systems and applications
• Assist with security and audit activities related to Cloud infrastructure
• Provides technical and system engineering support for internal groups and customers
• Assist cross functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification
• Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for
• Escalation support for Operations
• Lead and or provide technical expertise to special projects as necessary
• Exposure in Microservices and decoupled systems
• Willingness to learn new technologies.
• Ability to understand virtual cloud architectures and layered application and database services with the
ability to logically determine root cause of an issue.
• Knowledge of Build and Release engineering.
SHR’s goal is to help our clients succeed by providing them with solutions that solve today’s emerging IT problems while positioning them to be prepared for tomorrow’s IT challenges.
Our IT professionals focus not only on the tactical aspects of providing solutions in today’s IT landscape but also possess the strategic vision to anticipate and react to the inevitable changes that will form the basis of tomorrow’s IT landscape.
We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.