Overview: The Cloud Engineer researches, designs, develops, runs tests, and evaluates systems that
support cloud implementation and integrates with cloud service providers, applying principles
and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Plans and
conducts technical tasks associated with the implementation and maintenance of internal
cloud enterprise-shared virtualization infrastructure. Develops and executes cloud solution
roadmaps as they relate to business and executes company strategy to drive the achievement
of business objective.
• Possesses subject matter expertise in the virtualization and central management of data center
resources as software-defined pools.
• Delivers key advantage through agility: the ability to apply abstracted compute, storage, and network
resources to workloads as needed and tap into a repository of pre-built services.
• Formulates and designs systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and
measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Analyzes cloud requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Consults with other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software and
operational and performance requirements of overall cloud technology system.
• Deploys software to cloud computing infrastructure, and works with system configuration and
deployment automation technologies, working with ETL tools and techniques.
• Performs the implementation, operational support, maintenance, and optimization of network hardware,
software, and communication links of the cloud infrastructure.
• Leverages software development and open source solutions to automate tasks required to enable and
manage an organization’s products and/or services.
• Resolves complex problems, creates and improves procedures, and facilitates communication.
• Researches and writes technical documentation that is beneficial to the organization.
• Provides oversight of hosted systems, databases, and network troubleshooting, and provides various
technical solutions to the business.
SHR’s goal is to help our clients succeed by providing them with solutions that solve today’s emerging IT problems while positioning them to be prepared for tomorrow’s IT challenges.
Our IT professionals focus not only on the tactical aspects of providing solutions in today’s IT landscape but also possess the strategic vision to anticipate and react to the inevitable changes that will form the basis of tomorrow’s IT landscape.
We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.