Client: Department of Defense (DoD)/Joint Service Provider (JSP)
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the
equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
Overview: The DevOps Architect uses automation to create efficient processes and standards to
continuously improve quality and estimation. This position serves as the senior technical
person who possesses the depth to provide advice to make the appropriate technical
decisions aligned with Agile and DevOps methodologies.
• Works closely with Developers to ensure proper implementation, and liaises between the needs of the
organization and the Developers.
• Provides assistance and direction to other cloud teams, ensuring that all technologies work effectively
together to improve IT solution cloud performance, and processes change requests.
• Increases reuse and reduces redundancy in applications and technology designs.
• Supports the development and updates of enterprise architectural strategies, standards, processes, and
tools, as well as the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices, and patterns.
• Ensures compliance with all architecture directions and standards through cross-organization consulting
and direct involvement in development efforts.
• Recommends and selects tools for strategic implementation, and monitors adherence to corporate
standards in application design, development, and testing.
• Discovers and defines functional requirements and their relationship to technical requirements; and
determines the adequacy of documented requirements for architecture definition for the priorities of
the department and organization.
• Leads teams to foster successful consultations with technical and non-technical project resources to
evaluate project scope and program offering opportunities.
• Conducts analyses and proof-of-concepts for new technologies and solutions.
• Advises and participates in collaboration sessions with peer groups and business owners to estimate the
feasibility of further analysis costs, risks, and opportunities for implementations.
SHR’s goal is to help our clients succeed by providing them with solutions that solve today’s emerging IT problems while positioning them to be prepared for tomorrow’s IT challenges.
Our IT professionals focus not only on the tactical aspects of providing solutions in today’s IT landscape but also possess the strategic vision to anticipate and react to the inevitable changes that will form the basis of tomorrow’s IT landscape.
We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.