About Windmill International, Inc.:
Windmill International, Incorporated, is a growing, dynamic Veteran-Owned and Employee-Owned small business based in Nashua, New Hampshire. Since 1988, Windmill has been providing professional services support to the US Air Force, NATO and other federal agencies. Our expertise includes acquisition and program management support, Foreign Military Sales support, cost estimating, software and systems engineering, and other technical services support for complex programs and mission-critical systems.
Windmill is currently searching for talented, DoD experienced, acquisition program management Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to join our program management team supporting Weapon System programs at Hanscom AFB, MA. These individuals will help the US Air Force manage these programs throughout all phases of the system acquisition life cycle, will provide executive-level guidance and expert assistance during key phase activities and will help develop/coordinate major products. Program Management SMEs will focus on specific aspects of program execution that require specialized expertise and require interfacing with senior personnel at organizations which include AFSPC, DISA, DOT&E, AFOTEC, AF CIO, etc. SMEs will support future strategic efforts, emerging technologies and/or unique initiatives.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide input and recommendations for acquisition strategies and planning, including support for development of acquisition milestone documentation and briefings.
• Draft acquisition documentation necessary for contract initiation and/or contract modification (e.g. SOWs, TRDs, Market Research Reports, etc.).
• Conduct key meetings (e.g. IPT, TIM, Risk, etc.).
• Provide input and recommendations for source selections and all RFP documentation, and evaluate contractor proposals.
• Track contractor progress and assist with action items related to cost, schedule and performance.
• Assist the customer with measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of acquisition programs.
• When program issues are encountered, recommend viable solutions and develop/present alternative courses of action.
• Assist in preparing briefings, documents and reports in direct support of the program; support and develop acquisition reports, including statutory and regulatory reports (i.e. DAES, MAR, etc.); support program management reviews, senior level meeting/reviews and IMP/IMS reviews.
• Responsible for supporting the direction of programs or a particular function, which may involve a single or several customer locations.
• Identify, mitigate and communicate program risks.
• Analyze, evaluate and advise customer leadership on the effectiveness and efficiency with which agencies and their counterparts carry out their assigned programs and functions over a wide variety of assignments.
• Bachelors’ Degree (Masters’ Degree preferred)
• Over 10 years of experience, 5 of which must be in the DoD systems acquisition environment (15 years and 10 preferred)
• Must possess expert-level knowledge of principles, policies and practices of DoD systems acquisition, program management and DoD contracting procedures, as defined in DoDI 5000.02, as well as extensive knowledge of systems acquisition roles and relationships within the DoD and the Air Force.
• Must have experience providing senior-level strategic and tactical program planning (short-term, mid-term, and long-term plans) to help further system mission capabilities.
• Must have experience in developing acquisition strategies in light of changing budgets, financial, and contracting statutes and policies. Will pull together the interests of all functionals (EN, FM, PK) input into a single, executable acquisition strategy.
• Must have proven experience utilizing qualitative and quantitative techniques to gather, analyze, and measure the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of acquisition programs.
• Must possess the ability and experience to identify complex acquisition issues and propose alternative solutions. Must have significant, proven, demonstrated experience in leading the resolution of complex strategic and tactical-level issues.
• Must have the ability to work independently as well as a team leader under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be able to lead teams in an environment with other contractors and all levels of Government leadership.
• Must be proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
• Active DoD security clearance, or qualified to obtain one.
• Technical or Business Management Degree
• APDP and/or PMP certification
Travel: up to 20%
Windmill International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.