OPERATIONAL SYSTEM ENGINEER: Senior Level
Location: Chantilly, VA US
Security Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Inferno Systems is currently looking to hire individuals for our Operational Systems Engineer positions. Candidates should have a minimum of 7+ years of overall development / scripting experience in at least 3 of the required qualifications below.
This job requires a heavy amount of coding and automation through scripting and working hand in hand with Penetration Testing and other operational personnel. The job includes task generation, data collection and parsing, file transfer, and task tracking. Support is primarily focused on automation of currently manual tasks to speed the availability of data sets to end users and decision makers. Personnel in this role will design and develop tools using a variety of development approaches.
Candidates in this role will provide SME Technical support services to the Sponsor’s Operation Support Division. The emphasis of this activity shall be to establish and maintain operational awareness across the sponsor’s covert operational support infrastructure and any business systems utilized to support operations. Activities under this task shall include, but are not limited to:
• Link, analyze, and assess technical capabilities for operations and business systems between all internal applications.
• Organize and facilitate TEMS (technical exchange meetings).
• Consolidate and compose technical information into clear, readable documents used to support the sponsor’s infrastructure support services; to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
• Provide reporting and overall awareness of operational activities utilizing the appropriate reporting and analytical tools.
• Ability to collect, compile, evaluate and publish information and statistical data / metrics into documents, records, forms, reports, plans, policies and procedures.
• Responsible for integrating graphics and information generated from meetings and facilitation sessions, using automated tools, and research methods into final deliverables.
• Optimizing support for ongoing, rapidly changing operational activities/needs by applying technical knowledge/expertise to ensure that technical documentation is properly created and maintained, at the system and strategic level.
• Assist in identifying potential gaps and/or risks so that operational support is properly maintained.
• Must be a strong and flexible communicator, facilitator and collaborator.
• Coordinate project schedules, including participation in meetings; documentation; distribution of minutes and actions; and tracking actions across the organization to completion.
• Experience in Agile software methodologies or equivalent.
• Ability to research, analyze, prioritize, problem solve, and work several tasks concurrently with minimal supervision.
--High-level software development lifecycle expert.
--4+ years experience programming in Python.
--2+ years experience programming / scripting in Bash.
--Experience with both Linux and Windows.
--Experience developing in virtualized environments such as VMWare ESXi.
--Can distill end objectives into individual requirements
--Experience with data flows, ETL general data processing.
--Data migration and data retention best practices.
--Strong interpersonal communication skills to interface with a variety of customers and independently design and develop tools to meet requirements.
Inferno Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a group of dedicated, fully-cleared security professionals who specialize in long and short term red team and penetration testing operations, infrastructure design and implementation, and end-to-end operations management.
We also build, operate and maintain large distributed password cracking systems based on the open-source Hashcat password cracking utility consisting of hundreds of GPUs and CPUs. We achieve a consistent high success rate against popular hash types such as NTLM, MD5, MD5Crypt and WPA2.
We have deep experience in detection avoidance in highly scrutinized environments, reverse engineering binaries and network protocols, and deploying remote capabilities. We have been successful in developing and maintaining complex red team operations in some of our customer's most highly monitored security environments.
In addition, we bring a wealth of experience performing systems engineering of complex platforms which assist in carrying out our customers' missions. We are able to anticipate advances in both offensive and defensive security technologies to stay ahead of adversaries and maintain a high operational tempo. Our professionals work with diverse data sets large and small to provide actionable information to both protect our customers' operations and meet their mission objectives.
Inferno Systems' employees drive our business. They are high performers who know our customers’ needs and can anticipate the strategies required to move forward. They are adept at working within an organization’s systems and structures to achieve superior results. And they are experienced with the challenges and opportunities presented by past, present and emerging technologies in both the public and private sectors. According to our clients, Inferno Systems' employees get the job done right the first time. We hire the best and treat them the best, so that our customers get the best.