To provide Customer Support for deployed Satellite Communications Terminals and enact repairs of RMAs.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
• Performs all aspects of satellite communications system operation, maintenance, preventive maintenance and logistical support, and follow all Quality Control (QC) guidance.
• A good understanding of basic electronic concepts including the ability to read and interpret schematics.
• Good problem solving skills and the ability to learn new concepts.
• Enforces quality control standards when performing electronic equipment installations, repairs or modifications.
• Performs or assists in the installation of new equipment and systems.
• Operates, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, configures, and reconfigures AQYR commercial and military WGS satellite Terminals.
• Provides technical guidance and troubleshooting support to Engineering personal.
• Provides Quality, RMA, and Test reports to Quality Organization.
• Provides Customer Phone and Onsite Support as required.
• Provides assistance to Marketing for demonstrations, tradeshows and equipment preparation.
• Demonstrated experience with various electronic test equipment to include multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, frequency generators and counters, network analyzers.
• Can perform deployable satellite installations, cabling, troubleshooting, maintenance and preventative maintenance inspections.
• Capable of installing and troubleshooting remote sites by themselves with demanding customers in austere locations.
• Must be able to load cryptographic keys and perform basic troubleshooting on many types of hardware.
• Ability to teach classes on setting up Satellite Communications Terminals.
• Experience in fielding/certification of IA/security requirements, boundaries and implementations.
• Experience in the use of test equipment to identify and diagnose equipment faults to the component level and making repairs as required.
• Exceptional judgment, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
• VSAT certifications.
• Proven ability to competently and quickly resolve communication anomalies between SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS system elements, and interconnected telecommunication nodes.
• Extensive experience operating and troubleshooting military or commercial communications systems and satellite links utilizing military or commercial Manuals, and schematic diagrams.
• Experience with conducting military training of satellite equipment.
• Can interface systems to local and wide area networks.
• Direct knowledge of terminal operational environments and platform integration experience.
• 3 years of relevant experience testing in an electronic environment and troubleshooting electronic circuits down to the component level.
• 3 years of direct experience processing and repairing field returns and/or 3 years of experience troubleshooting in a production environment.
• Some travel will be required.
• 5 years of experience in a customer product support role.
• 5 years relevant X/Ka/Ku/C band military or commercial Satellite Communications terminal experience.
• U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
• 3 years WGS (Wideband Global Satcom) experience.
• Associate of Science Degree in Communications/Electronics.
• Will consider electronic certifications and/or military schooling with3 years previous related job experience in an oriented electronic field in lieu of Associate of Science Degree.
• Graduate of the Military Satellite Communications System Operations/Maintenance Course.
• Associate of Science Degree in Communications/Electronics or related field and 4 additional year’s relevant experience in Military or Commercial Terminal Satellite Communications.